PDA

View Full Version : Bestiary of Krynn...

LorenStronghilt
09-08-2004, 08:13 PM
First off, I just want to say great job to the team that put together the BoK! Excellent job!

Second, I know, I'm a little behind on my books Now all I need to get is a copy of ToHS and I'll be caught up. Finally! I was going to get that today, but neither of the stores that carried DnD books had it stocked and both said that they couldn't order it *sighs*

Third, I remember hearing the mentioning of the stats of the Dreadwolves (from The Legend of Huma) being in the book, I was really interested in seeing these stats because at the moment, I'm reading that book and would be interested to see atleast a better idea of what they looked like. I couldn't find it in the Table of Contents, and was just curious if I bypassed it, if it isn't in there, or if it is simply a template that you would add to a wolf? If you can find any of these answers could you please point me to the page number?

THANKS! Once again excellent job to the team... I really like how the pages feel too... *drools* NOOO!! NOT ON MY BoK!!! *sighs* haha

Nightweasel
09-08-2004, 09:02 PM
Dunno who your dealers use, but you might refer them to the Gameboard, it's where my store orders most of it's stuff except WotC because they get that direct. But they can get just about anything if it's currently in print. They got my ToHS in this week and I'm just waiting to get paid tomorrow to go pick it up. I looked through it........beautifully done....

Dragonhelm
09-08-2004, 09:52 PM
The dreadwolf has become the Dread Beast template in Towers of High Sorcery. You can create any sort of dread creature you want, including dreadwolves. The sample creature in ToHS is a dread ape.

Basically, Galan Dracos came up with the process, but it has survived throughout the years. Dracos preferred wolves, but spellcasters down the years have expanded upon the process and used other creatures in the process.

Sallis the Silver Blaze
09-08-2004, 10:05 PM
I think a dread elephant would be pretty freaking scary. I don't have my MM with me, so I can't go through and look at all the fun dreadbeasts that could exist. The elephant just popped into my head as the freakiest one.

Ogre_Bane
09-08-2004, 11:26 PM
I would see the dreadwolves more as "dreadworgs." They possessed intelligence and were able to speak.

Shugi
09-09-2004, 02:36 PM
Do not ignore the rampant terror of ... dread baleen whales! No, really.

Cam Banks
09-09-2004, 02:52 PM
Do not ignore the rampant terror of ... dread baleen whales! No, really.

Or the dread funno. More terrifying than a daschund bolted to an outboard motor.

Cheers,
Cam