PDA

View Full Version : what happened to dragonlance.com?

kid_hellboy
09-04-2004, 10:22 PM
where did the fandom section go? i haven't been on the sight for a while, and all of a sudden, WOAH! my favorite part was gone! it was a wealth of info. where is it? am i just stupid or something?

Dragonhelm
09-04-2004, 10:25 PM
All of the fan material has moved to the Dragonlance Nexus (see my sig for a link).

kid_hellboy
09-04-2004, 10:28 PM
THANK YOU!!!! was this in the news part of dl.com? i never read it, it takes to long.

Dragonhelm
09-05-2004, 01:51 AM
We made some announcement a while back regarding the Nexus redesign on DL.com.

I'll mention it the next time I do a newsletter.

kid_hellboy
09-06-2004, 08:02 PM
thank you! seriously! i was about to explode without my fellow gamer's works. and the bard on the run is awesome. why the change? what happened? i'm all for revamping, but i like to know why.

Dragonhelm
09-06-2004, 08:26 PM
thank you! seriously! i was about to explode without my fellow gamer's works. and the bard on the run is awesome. why the change? what happened? i'm all for revamping, but i like to know why.

Oh, there's a number of reasons. Basically, we wanted to set it up to where Sovereign Press could have an entire site to dedicate to official d20 Dragonlance materials, rather than being a small section on Dragonlance.com. This will also open the door for some new features, including the return of the Legends of the Lance newsletter!

Yet it was very important to us that we maintain all the fan works we had worked so hard on all these years. So what better place for that than the Dragonlance Nexus, a site "by the fans, for the fans"?

So that's the basic gist of it all. We're all tickled pink about the deal and about the future of Dragonlance online.

Canlocu
10-05-2004, 09:11 PM
Ok, SO this is the old site I use to go to but has a face lift. Cool thought I was getting old and lossing it.

silvanthalas
10-06-2004, 09:26 AM
Oh, there's a number of reasons. Basically, we wanted to set it up to where Sovereign Press could have an entire site to dedicate to official d20 Dragonlance materials, rather than being a small section on Dragonlance.com. This will also open the door for some new features, including the return of the Legends of the Lance newsletter!

I still think the sites are backwards now, that DL.com should be the general site, and DL3e.com should be the gaming site. :)