PDA

View Full Version : Dragons on the River of Time (Planning)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Tauren_Kai-Jere
01-26-2012, 12:25 AM
Yes, I know that the corpse of my War of the Lance campaign isn't cold yet, but I wasn't kidding when I said I had an idea for a new game. Darcwulf did something like this a while back, but I loved the concept so much I almost jumped into the game despite the fact it was scary strange 4E. Basically I want to play a Dragonlance version of the Marvel comic “Exiles." For those of you who aren't familiar with the concept the comic centered on a group of X-men related heroes from different realities in the Marvel universe. Each of the heroes was recruited by a myserious entity called "The Timebroker" because their reality was “wrong” or “broken” somehow. The Timebroker offered them a chance to fix their own worlds by traveling the multiverse and helping him reset other broken realities.

In our Dragonlance centric campaign the initial group of four heroes is recruited from various forks in the River of Time by an entity who calls themselves "The Wayfarer" to complete missions for him on alternate Krynns. These missions will help "correct" certain dangerous forks in the River and earn the heroes a chance to save their own lives or endangered worlds.

Ideally, each individual adventure (or "mission") would only take a few months to play. Given the reality warping nature of the game I'm plotting I have cart blanche to pull people if players disappear and we would have time between missions to reset and replace team members as needed. I think this is the fresh start I need and modular enough that I won't feel trapped into some crazy long campaign. However, it also has some good dramatic potential of its own. I definitely have some idea about an over-arching story that will evolve over the team's various missions.

That said I've already picked my initial cast and they've agreed to their roles as the primary protagonists. rogue, SuperBall, Ravenmantle, and Salinus please feel free to use this thread to begin discussing your character concepts.

To reiterate from my initial PM any timeline from Legends of the Twins is fair game as are ANY GAMES OR CHARACTERS from our various threads over the years (I have ways of making this work without disrupting the continuity of old stuff for most cases I think), as are variants of established characters or maybe even the established characters themselves depending on the story you pitch me. I'm open to characters or continuity from tabletop games you've played in in addition to any whacky new timelines you can come up with (I've got a few of my own I'm eager to explore). I'm still not sure about the starting level of the PCs in this game. I'm guessing, however, it won't be Level 1. Depending on what people want to play I'm thinking the initial range will be between Level 4 and 7. We'll also be using the Pathfinder rules so there will also be a thread to hash out any necessary conversions when we need it.

Now, I do plan to expand the initial cast of heroes by one or two PCs, likely folks plucked from other realities as the plot develops. Due to a specific plot point there are only four PCs to start, but like I said that will change as the story develops. There is also plenty of opportunity for people to play supporting roles, allies that will team up with the heroes in different worlds or perhaps even villains who oppose them. If you're interested in playing a "new" PC or a supporting character down the road please PM me or post your interest here. There's also no reason one player couldn't play multiple supporting roles in different worlds depending on interest and what I need.

Also, I wouldn't be me if I didn't have a secret plan that would involve some more permanent supporting characters. If you're interesting in hearing the DM's secret pitch please PM me (Heine's already heard this one so no blabbing RM!).

So there it is. It'll be a while before we start. I have some serious plotting to do and only one person even has a kernel of an idea for a character concept. That said the folks I've played with before get priority, so I hope that some of you are willing to join me in this new endeavor!

Salinus
01-26-2012, 01:25 AM
Well, as I've stated a number of times in the past, I've never read any of the Dragonlance books, so I'll most likely be picking a character from a game I've role played in. I think it's not surprising that Downfall is my favorite character of those I've used in a DL campaign, due mainly to the amount of years I've put into figuring out his personality.

I am, however, not set in stone on this, and will be quite happy to pick another character if it would mean rounding the party out better. And I have the advantage of my tabletop games being run by the same DM, so I don't think it will take much convincing to get Tauren to let me use a character from one of them if desired.

No matter what happens, I'm pretty eager to see what gets cooked up here.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
01-26-2012, 01:53 AM
While I love Downfall too I don't know if the character as is would work for this game. For one he would be much lower then the level he's at. Plus, with all the crazy crap he's bound to see hopping dimensions how would that not shape or affect him in some way as later, higher-level Downfall?

"Yes, I was sent on a mission by Chislev to find the blue crystal staff, but holy freaking crap did I go to some crazy places to get it before I found the swamp!"

I think it would have to be some kind of an alternate version of him, like what Downfall would have been like if Laurana had never showed him a made-up vision (or better yet he finds out it was a trick and ignores it) and he never went after the blue crystal staff and remained a retainer of the Speaker of the Sun? That seems boring, but then Downfall never finds and delivers the staff to Aegir, the heroes never find the proof they're looking for and they all die or get captured when the Red Dragonarmy burns Solace. The Qualinesti get caught off guard and the nation falls. This Downfall could be a hard-core guerilla fighter against the Dragonarmies from an alternate version of our WotL game or something? Who is Downfall without the religious fervor? I imagine he'd still be a bad-ass in that world. I don't know. That's one attempt to unravel and change the character.

Looking at some of the other DL characters you've played for me...An alternate, non-paladin version of Simone would be cool to see. What would she be if the Mantis Barb was never given to the Belmonte family all those years ago? Just another spoiled noble? A girl who runs away from home and becomes a thief or rogue? Maybe she still fights with whips and daggers anyway.

Look at Salinus. What about a world where Kooet comes to the The Spot and finds Salinus there that night and Herschel's future bodyguard is killed by The Black Hammer in his place? Maybe Kooet never flees to the surface world like Salinus would have, Herschel doesn't have a bodyguard in Pashin, and the heroes that would confront Frost someday never form and the White Dragon Overlord manages to conquer or destroy the world in some way.

Then there's alway Skitto. That poor kender died before his time...Maybe there's a world where he lives and all sorts of things go haywire because of it. Skitto living leads to Simone's death in his place because she never meets the other PCs because they keep pushing into the dwarven ruins. Without allies in the mountains Simone is waylaid and killed by monsters of some kind, she ultimately never reclaims the Mantis Barb, the Greymantles live on to terrorize Nightlund, etc.

Yeah, the "what ifs" could go on forever! Let me know what ideas tickle your fancy Matt!

rogue
01-26-2012, 07:20 AM
Well, I have an idea for a human sorcerer from a timeline where sorcerers have been hunted to extinction by the WoHS. He will probably either go Academy Sorcerer or Ambient Tempest. Those classes need to be refine in PF.

Salinus
01-26-2012, 10:30 AM
Yeah, I thought the whole point was that it would be an alternate version. I didn't mean I would convert my character sheet to Pathfinder and call it a day. I'll put more thought into their current circumstances once I have a better idea of who I'm picking and what level we're starting at.

Right now my main thought process is: Without knowing anything else at this time, I'll probably pick Downfall. I think these what if stories only work well if people are familiar with the original. If I pick someone from our tabletop game, or a short lived campaign, no one will really know the difference between the what if character and the one they're based off of which would be fine, but not as much fun in my mind. That being said, if he ends up being one fighter-type too many, or the DM tells me he'd like me to pick otherwise, then I'll consider from:

Cecil - my sorcerer hating, goody two shoes nerd of a white wizard from probably the same timeline as rogue's character
Simone - my attractive but naive female Paladin modeled after the Castlevania series :p
Skitto - my over zealous kender who died because he didn't know better than to run from some inappropriately high level monsters
Salinus - my good hearted, carefree sea-elf fighter who came to the surface after his loved ones unintentionally got his best friend killed.

Are there Pathfinder rules for DL races, or do we just kind of figure them out as we go?

jake
01-26-2012, 10:52 AM
Whenever you guys need supporting characters or what have you, I'm ready and waiting. This looks like a pretty awesome idea, Dave.

Spasseltock Nimblefingers
01-26-2012, 02:34 PM
I'm with Jake... sounds like a cool idea and whenever you someone for support I would be willing as well. Heck, most of my main characters are support anyhow!! :p:

Tauren_Kai-Jere
01-26-2012, 03:37 PM
Are there Pathfinder rules for DL races, or do we just kind of figure them out as we go?
There's going to be a lot of figuring out as we go, I think.

jake and Spas I'll be PMing you both sometime today or tomorrow.

SuperBall
01-27-2012, 01:24 PM
I'll take the reigns of the 'Melee' fighter. More to come...

SuperBall
01-27-2012, 01:30 PM
I was thinking about a straight Fighter, who was a Knight in the Order of the Divine Hammer from the Kingpriest alternate timeline. Maybe his reality is broken because there was no cataclysm, and a rampaging, hubris-infused demigod running around.

I think that he could be very conflicted because he's sworn to protect this way of life, but then some mysterious stranger ells him that he has to help overthrow his own god-king to make the world 'right'? Tell me if I'm in the wrong place here...

Tauren_Kai-Jere
01-27-2012, 02:44 PM
I was thinking about a straight Fighter, who was a Knight in the Order of the Divine Hammer from the Kingpriest alternate timeline. Maybe his reality is broken because there was no cataclysm, and a rampaging, hubris-infused demigod running around.

I think that he could be very conflicted because he's sworn to protect this way of life, but then some mysterious stranger ells him that he has to help overthrow his own god-king to make the world 'right'? Tell me if I'm in the wrong place here...
Let's concentrate on the characters you want to play for now. I'm still working out some of the plot as to why the characters are pulled by the Wayfarer and what their actual missions will be. I don't necessarily see a character being forced to confront their own timeline and even if they are it won't be for a few adventures. Like I said, some of the big metaphysical picture is a little fuzzy for me right now. I was doing a lot of reading and thinking on stuff last night after I went to bed the first time. I'm hoping to start sorting out my big picture plot later this afternoon (or this weekend at the latest). So as far as generating PCs think of it as having the freedom to play just about anyone or anything heroic that you want and know that you'll get to bounce around to different versions of Krynn and have cool adventures that have some sort of greater point. Yeah! That makes sense, right? :p:

That said I like the idea of a heroic Knight of the Divine Hammer from the "Kingpriest Ascendant" timeline being one of our PCs. His Super-Lawful good worldview alone will provide some awesome dramatic role-playing fodder (especially if Ed goes with a sorcerer type). This also puts the character at a minimal of Level 6, I think. Ideally, I think I'd like everyone to shoot for between Level 6 and 8 for their characters. You don't all have to start at the same level either. I'll make that part work as long as you're within that range.

SuperBall
01-27-2012, 04:41 PM
I don's want to start off 'super' super. I'll build a concept, and see what I'd need to make it work. Look for the first draft to either be 6 or 7 (wait until I make a liar out of me...) I'll PM you the first draft, Dave. 4d6 and drop lowest alright?

Tauren_Kai-Jere
01-27-2012, 07:25 PM
I actually prefer that you roll 3d6 for ability scores. However, you can re-roll all 1s and 2s, but if you roll a 1 or 2 three times you're stuck with it.

I also don't think we need to do anything with the Knight of the Divine Hammer PrC to convert it to Pathfinder. You already get something at each level, just dump Gather Information as a class skill and treat Smite Infidel as PF Smite Evil with the list of enemies given in the Legends PrC.

Ravenmantle
01-28-2012, 12:48 AM
Okay, so in Bill's Hourglass Mage game, I was playing a warpriest of Reorx. Since that game's no longer active, I'd love to play that character in this game. Would that be doable, oh wise and august GM?

Tauren_Kai-Jere
01-28-2012, 01:37 AM
I think we can make that work! What level was Bhatair? He was around 8th wasn't he? Assuming this is a balanced party, Salinus, it looks like you get the rogue-type character. ;)

Ravenmantle
01-28-2012, 01:46 AM
He was 6th level. That said, I wouldn't mind bumping him up a level or two. :D

Tauren_Kai-Jere
01-28-2012, 11:29 AM
Six to eight is about the range I was looking to start at. We'll figure this out as everyone starts building their characters. That said, now that everyone as a rough idea or two I'm going to throw up the Character Sheet thread this morning to provide an accessible workspace for everyone.

Ravenmantle
01-28-2012, 12:08 PM
I've copy/pasted Bhatair's sheet from the Hourglass character sheets thread. Let me know if I can boost him a level or two. :)

Tauren_Kai-Jere
01-28-2012, 12:38 PM
Looking at his bio I can see why the Wayfarer plucked Bhatair from the timestream! That unwavering need to combat Chaos at any turn fits right into the mission I'm developing for the party!

I'm going to wait and see where the other party members wind up level wise before I make any decisions about bumping him up or not. I've spoken to everyone and I think everyone has their basic concepts hammered out. I think we're going to have an interesting crew! It also looks like we're representing three "official" alternate timelines (with a variant of one known DL character in the party) and providing a twist on my own tabletop game.

Now, if you'll excuse me I have to go translate the notes I was scribbling to myself about this game at two in the morning...

Tauren_Kai-Jere
01-28-2012, 04:01 PM
Hey guys! This is my first stab at converting the Time Domain from Holy Orders to Pathfinder. Let me know what you think!

Granted Powers: You area attuned to the River of Time like few others. This bond grants you precious insight in combat and enlightening glimpses into the pasts of people and things.
Ebb and Flow (Sp) You have seen a glimpse of your foe in the River of Time. Choose a single opponent within 10 ft. of you. For 1 round that opponent receives a penalty to their attack rolls against you equal to your cleric level (to a minimum of -1). You receive an equal bonus to any opposed saving throws or skill checks or the same duration. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.
Sentinel on the River (Sp) Starting at 6th level, you can use past-seeing (Legends of the Twins, p. 25)at will as a spell-like ability using your cleric level as your caster level. You can use this ability for a number of minutes per day equal to your cleric level. These minutes do not need to be consecutive.
Domain Spells: 1st – true strike, 2nd – gentle repose, 3rd – haste, 4th – freedom of movement, 5th – permanency, 6th – contingency, 7th – moment of prescience, 8th – foresight, 9th – timestop.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
01-28-2012, 06:29 PM
Hey guys! Having spent the last two days working out the details of how the Wayfarer facilitates all of this time-traveling nonsense I no longer have to restrict the size of the party to four PCs. However, in order to keep things small at the start I'm only adding one more person to the mix and Caleb has volunteered to be that character.

I have no idea what he's planning, but he said he has some kind of crazy idea...

rogue
01-30-2012, 05:25 PM
Hmm, I like where you went with the domain powers, only I think you need to incorporate more spells from Legend of the Twins, or choose more time related spells. I don't care for Gentle Repose, Freedom of Movement and Permanency.

Why not: Confluence or Temporal Shield for 2nd, Frozen Moment for 4th and River Watch for 6th.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
01-30-2012, 06:20 PM
The only reason I didn't do that was to try to preserve as much of the domain as it appeared in Holy Orders as possible.

rogue
01-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Keep in mind those spells did not exist when HOotS was printed. Fool. :p:

Tauren_Kai-Jere
01-30-2012, 09:12 PM
I know that. But you do have a point. I'll tinker some more!

Tauren_Kai-Jere
01-30-2012, 10:26 PM
I changed some of the domain spells based on Ed's suggestions. I actually really like have gentle repose as the 2nd level spell. It makes sense to me that any cleric with this domain would be able to keep a body from decomposing. I went with divination at Level 4 and river watch, as suggested, for Level 6. Check it out and let me know what you guys think!

Granted Powers: You area attuned to the River of Time like few others. This bond grants you precious insight in combat and enlightening glimpses into the pasts of people and things.
Ebb and Flow (Sp) You have seen a glimpse of your foe in the River of Time. Choose a single opponent within 10 ft. of you. For 1 round that opponent receives a penalty to their attack rolls against you equal to your cleric level (to a minimum of -1). You receive an equal bonus to any opposed saving throws or skill checks or the same duration. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.
Sentinel on the River (Sp) Starting at 6th level, you can cast past-seeing (Legends of the Twins, p. 25) at will as a spell-like ability using your cleric level as your caster level. You can use this ability for a number of minutes per day equal to your cleric level. These minutes do not need to be consecutive.
Domain Spells: 1st true strike, 2nd gentle repose, 3rd haste, 4th divination, 5th permanency, 6th river watch, 7th moment of prescience, 8th foresight, 9th timestop.

rogue
01-30-2012, 10:46 PM
I just don't see Gentle Repose. It is a necromancy and has nothing to do with time, but preservation. Just me, though.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
01-30-2012, 11:04 PM
To me it's the concept of slowing down time to keep the body from rotting. That's how I see it in this context anyway. Other then that it looks okay to you?

rogue
01-30-2012, 11:10 PM
Looks great. So looking at Academy Diverse, do you think bringing both Spellcraft and Knowledge Arcana requirements down to four ranks a piece?

Tauren_Kai-Jere
01-30-2012, 11:15 PM
Looks great. So looking at Academy Sorcerer, do you think bringing both Spellcraft and Knowledge Arcana requirements down to four ranks a piece?

Given the class skill bonuses you get in Pathfinder I don't have an issue with reducing the rank prerequisites. We should also bring the class Hit Die up to d6 to match the Pathfinder sorcerer.

Also, the new skill list would probably look like this: Craft (Int), Knowledge (arcana), Linguistics (Int), Spellcraft (Int) and Use Magic Device (Cha).

Do you think we should add Fly? It seems standard for all casting classes and it seems weird to exclude it from the PrC.

rogue
01-30-2012, 11:34 PM
Yup for Fly. I will do a full write up tomorrow and fiddle with the descriptions.

rogue
01-31-2012, 01:30 PM
Academy Sorcerer Conversion

Level BA Fort Ref Will Special
1st +0 +0 +0 +1 Arcane Thesis, Academy Resources
2nd +1 +1 +1 +1 Cooperative Study +2
3rd +1 +1 +1 +2 Research Breakthrough
4th +2 +2 +2 +2 Arcane Thesis
5th +2 +2 +2 +3 Cooperative Study +4
6th +3 +3 +3 +3 Research Breakthrough
7th +3 +3 +3 +4 Arcane Thesis
8th +4 +4 +4 +4 Cooperative Study +6
9th +4 +4 +4 +5 Research Breakthrough
10th +5 +5 +5 +5 Arcane Thesis

Requirements
Alignment: Any non-evil
Knowledge (Arcane): 5 ranks
Spellcraft: 5 ranks
Feats: Any two metamagic or item creation feats
Spellcasting: Ability to cast any 2nd level arcane spell spontaneously

Academy Sorcerer Class Skills
Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Fly (Dex), Knowledge (arcana), Linguistics (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int) and Use Magic Device (Cha)

All of the class features are the same except in the Arcane Thesis of Divination. Search becomes Perception as a class skill.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
01-31-2012, 01:57 PM
Okay, I spent some time looking at this, the original PrC from Age of Mortals, and the Wizard of High Sorcery PrC from ToHS. I think we should actually bump the Spellcraft and Knowledge (arcana) requirements back up to 8 (or at least 7) and keep the two metamagic or item creation feat prerequisites.

A Conclave wizard has slightly more varied prerequisites, but they're getting a lot options for developing a character The Academy sorcery has higher requirements for admission (notably the higher number of skill ranks in the two skills) and a more focused feat selection, but their abilities tend to be much more focused and specialized.

Also, did you want to add Fly as a class skill? I also kind of think it's weird that they don't get any kind of social skill either. I never noticed that the Pathfinder sorcerer gets Intimidate as a class skill. Conclave wizards get it as a class skill too, but I don't think that jives with the Academy. Do you think they should get Diplomacy or should we not add a social skill for them?

Do any of the other players have opinions?

rogue
01-31-2012, 02:02 PM
8 or 7 ranks makes no sense in PF since skills are capped at your character level. WoHS is designed in 3.5 to be taken at fifth, and I kept with that for this prestige. I can see maybe going to 5 ranks a piece. I agree with the metamagic feats. I would say Diplomacy or Sense Motive would work for a social skill.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
01-31-2012, 02:13 PM
8 or 7 ranks makes no sense in PF since skills are capped at your character level. WoHS is designed in 3.5 to be taken at fifth, and I kept with that for this prestige. I can see maybe going to 5 ranks a piece.
I forgot about this. Let's go with 5 ranks apiece then.

I would say Diplomacy or Sense Motive would work for a social skill.
Oooh! I like the idea of giving them Sense Motive as a class skill, especially for our game. However, in a generic sense I think Diplomacy makes more sense for the PrC since it would apply to the students while the school's in one piece and afterwards. Those skills would serve them well in both time periods.

rogue
01-31-2012, 03:05 PM
I say forget Fly, and keep with Diplomacy and Sense Motive. I don't really remember reading about the many flying sorcerers in the academy. The academy did have a good working relationship with the people though, and many joined the Legion of Steel.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
01-31-2012, 03:33 PM
Fly is standard to all casters in Pathfinder, however. I think for the sake of consistency we should include it. Honestly, we could probably get away with adding all three skills to the class.

rogue
01-31-2012, 03:44 PM
Done! Here is the final.

Academy Sorcerer Conversion

Level BA Fort Ref Will Special
1st +0 +0 +0 +1 Arcane Thesis, Academy Resources
2nd +1 +1 +1 +1 Cooperative Study +2
3rd +1 +1 +1 +2 Research Breakthrough
4th +2 +2 +2 +2 Arcane Thesis
5th +2 +2 +2 +3 Cooperative Study +4
6th +3 +3 +3 +3 Research Breakthrough
7th +3 +3 +3 +4 Arcane Thesis
8th +4 +4 +4 +4 Cooperative Study +6
9th +4 +4 +4 +5 Research Breakthrough
10th +5 +5 +5 +5 Arcane Thesis

Requirements
Alignment: Any non-evil
Knowledge (Arcana): 5 ranks
Spellcraft: 5 ranks
Feats: Any two metamagic or item creation feats
Spellcasting: Ability to cast 2nd level arcane spells spontaneously

Academy Sorcerer Class Skills
Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Fly (Dex), Knowledge (arcana), Linguistics (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int) and Use Magic Device (Cha)

All of the class features are the same except in the Arcane Thesis of Divination. Search becomes Perception as a class skill.

rogue
01-31-2012, 03:48 PM
Ok, now on to Ambient Tempest. Since I won't be taking levels right away, I want to have a little discussion here since I think it needs a major overhaul. I was thinking of making the Craft Spell feat a prereq for the PrC, and twirking the feat's applications throughout the five level class. I also want to add more on spellshaping and refine the class' control over casting spells.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
01-31-2012, 04:20 PM
Maybe instead of using a homebrew feat as prerequisite we could work the actual mechanics of said feat into the class. Nate's been using it for years for his arcane archer and I think it really captures the versatility of a sorcerer well. I seems like it might be a good fit for the ambient tempest on some level.

rogue
01-31-2012, 04:36 PM
Well the point of the Ambient Tempest is making the switching out of spells much easier. Where a sorcerer can do it once a level, now its once a week, or more. I think perhaps folding the feat into the PrC somehow is a start. I also thought the spell shaping special ability as is, is quite crappy and not very Pathfinder.

Take a look and tell me what you think when you get a chance.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
01-31-2012, 04:38 PM
It occurred to me as Caleb and I have been hammering out his character via PM that perhaps everyone else would like an update of where everyone is PC-wise (especially since no one else has been privy to Matt and I's discussions about his character). Here's roughly where everyone is right now:

Bhatair Splitstone, LN male Daewar weapon specialist 3/cleric 3 of Reorx - played by Ravenmantle, Bong's Hourglass in the Sky timeline
Sir Daevan Mark, LG male Istaran civilized human fighter 6 - played by SuperBall, Kingpriest Ascendant timeline
Simone Belmonte, female Solamnic civilized human noble/rogue - played by Salinus, alternate version of my tabletop Age of Mortals campaign
Waylorn Wyvernsbane, NG male civilized human bear shaman of Habbakuk - played by Majere, "official" Dragonlance timeline
Ullin Majere, male civilized human sorcerer/Academy Sorcerer - played by rogue, possible future Age of Dragons timeline

rogue
01-31-2012, 04:43 PM
Wow to Waylorn Wyvernsbane. I am getting excited.

Majere
02-01-2012, 08:03 AM
http://guilesworld.sudymodesign.com/role-playing-games-stuff/dragonlance/ambient-tempest.html

I stumbled across this whilst searching the web...maybe it'll help? I'm a newbie at trying to convert this stuff and I don't see as many differences as i usually see in PF conversions...

rogue
02-01-2012, 09:26 AM
Thanks Majere, but I still think it needs a little work. At least with feat requirements and the spellshaping. A direct edition to edition seems lame to me.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
02-01-2012, 01:18 PM
I actually think that the skill requirement needs changing more then the feat requirements (6 seems okay to me). That said, looking at the class as it is in the Revised Bestiary I don't see what needs to change beyond the Entry Requirements. Everything seems to work with Pathfinder as it is. What don't you like about it Ed?

Tauren_Kai-Jere
02-01-2012, 01:20 PM
Guys, once everyone has at least picked their spot on the Character Sheet thread I'm going to start posting our new stuff (Time Domain, Academy Sorcerer PrC, etc.) to that thread as we complete them. That should make them easier to find then having to sort through the conversion thread. I'm also going to bring over the mystic and noble class conversions from Billy's game.

Salinus
02-01-2012, 02:06 PM
I'm not complaining or anything, but just as an observation that may be relevant to future pathfinder conversion endeavors:

It may be neater and easier to keep track of things if conversion proposals and discussions remain in the planner thread, leaving only agreed upon final drafts to be posted in the pathfinder conversion thread. This would leave a neat and tidy place to find the conversions (in reference to your recent post in the planning thread), and not really change the planning thread much since they're all pretty much a jumble of multiple discussions at any given point anyway.

rogue
02-01-2012, 02:31 PM
I actually think that the skill requirement needs changing more then the feat requirements (6 seems okay to me). That said, looking at the class as it is in the Revised Bestiary I don't see what needs to change beyond the Entry Requirements. Everything seems to work with Pathfinder as it is. What don't you like about it Ed?

The spell-like ability or two more feats is a little over the top for what you get in terms of class features. At the very least, spellshaping should be overhauled to perhaps allow for discounting certain targets in the effect area.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
02-01-2012, 09:12 PM
It may be neater and easier to keep track of things if conversion proposals and discussions remain in the planner thread, leaving only agreed upon final drafts to be posted in the pathfinder conversion thread. This would leave a neat and tidy place to find the conversions (in reference to your recent post in the planning thread), and not really change the planning thread much since they're all pretty much a jumble of multiple discussions at any given point anyway.
You know what? That makes a lot of sense. There's not a lot other discussion going on on the planner right now anyway.

I've gone ahead and merged the conversion thread with the planning thread and started a separate thread to keep track of completed Pathfinder conversions. Ed, feel free to post the Academy Sorcerer PrC on that thread whenever you'd like too. I'll keep track of, and organize, the index for that thread.

Majere
02-02-2012, 01:23 AM
Do we want Traits for our characters?

Vittorio the Red
02-02-2012, 02:18 AM
Hey D... im definitely interested in playing any foes or temporary supporting characters or anything really. let me know if you need anything, im very free and open... lol

Tauren_Kai-Jere
02-02-2012, 12:02 PM
Do we want Traits for our characters?
It actually hasn't been brought up. Other players: What say you?

Hey D... im definitely interested in playing any foes or temporary supporting characters or anything really. let me know if you need anything, im very free and open... lol
Thanks Vitt! I'll add you to my short list of people for supporting roles!

Ravenmantle
02-02-2012, 12:10 PM
It actually hasn't been brought up. Other players: What say you?

I say hells yes.

Majere
02-02-2012, 12:28 PM
My vote be in favor of traits of course. :Tiphat:

rogue
02-02-2012, 01:32 PM
I am actually a little bored of traits, but I will do them if the consensus is in the majority.

Salinus
02-02-2012, 02:48 PM
I thought traits were just how things were done in Pathfinder... I'm fine either way, but I guess I'd towards using them.

Ravenmantle
02-02-2012, 03:50 PM
I thought traits were just how things were done in Pathfinder... I'm fine either way, but I guess I'd towards using them.

For Pathfinder RPG they were introduced as a web enhancement coinciding with the release of the game (or released shortly thereafter) and expanded on in the Advanced Player's Guide. They are not considered part of the core game. That said, Paizo supports the game mechanic heavily by featuring adventure path-specific traits in the player's guides released for the adventure paths and in the Player Companion line.

rogue
02-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Ok, well are we using DL or Pathfinder traits? There is a big difference.

Ravenmantle
02-02-2012, 06:46 PM
Oh my, I'd forgotten all about Dragonlance traits. For the record, I've been talking about Pathfinder RPG traits.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
02-02-2012, 08:27 PM
Ok, well are we using DL or Pathfinder traits? There is a big difference.
For simplicity's sake let's use the Pathfinder ones.

Vittorio the Red
02-03-2012, 01:43 AM
Thanks Vitt! I'll add you to my short list of people for supporting roles!

Thanx man, appreciate it !

rogue
02-03-2012, 12:20 PM
What XP level are we playing?

Tauren_Kai-Jere
02-03-2012, 09:14 PM
Good question. I'll let you know when I figure it out.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
02-04-2012, 12:02 PM
I think we're going to be playing on the Fast track for this one. Some of the stuff I want to do with you guys require some higher levels and I don't want to wait around forever to get to that stuff - so Fast track!

Tauren_Kai-Jere
02-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Ed and I discussed this briefly on the phone yesterday, however, I'd been drinking so I wanted to reiterate today with a clear head. In my tabletop games we'd been using some homebrew rules for a number of years to simulate the effects of wild magic. Since we have a sorcerer who's backstory is going to be closely tied to wild magic going wrong I thought we could use them here.

Looking at my notes our original rules were slightly different than what evolved. Basically, anytime a sorcerer cast a spell the DM rolled a percentile. On a 01-05 the spell fizzled, nothing happened. On a 06-94 the spell works normally. On a 95-00 the spell goes wild and then there's a secret DM chart to guide the results.

Are you guys cool with implementing these rules in our game?

Ravenmantle
02-05-2012, 12:40 PM

*thumbs up*

Tauren_Kai-Jere
02-05-2012, 01:23 PM
To be clear, each player may only pick up to two traits for their character. I am open to using any 3.5 DL traits from Legends of the Twins (assuming they're properly adjusted for Pathfinder) and the Combat, Faith, Magic, and Social Traits found in the Advanced Players Guide (which should also be listed on the Pathfinder_OGC). Any other traits require DM approval.

rogue
02-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Ed and I discussed this briefly on the phone yesterday, however, I'd been drinking so I wanted to reiterate today with a clear head. In my tabletop games we'd been using some homebrew rules for a number of years to simulate the effects of wild magic. Since we have a sorcerer who's backstory is going to be closely tied to wild magic going wrong I thought we could use them here.

Looking at my notes our original rules were slightly different then what evolved. Basically, anytime a sorcerer cast a spell the DM rolled a percentile. On a 01-05 the spell fizzled, nothing happened. On a 06-94 the spell works normally. On a 95-00 the spell goes wild and then there's a secret DM chart to guide the results.

I think a 10% chance of failure or mishap is a little steep. Meet me in the middle somewhere.

rogue
02-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Check this table out for Wild Surges. http://www.seankreynolds.com/rpgfiles/prestige/wildgreatersurgetable_open.html

Tauren_Kai-Jere
02-05-2012, 04:56 PM
I think a 10% chance of failure or mishap is a little steep. Meet me in the middle somewhere.
Hmmm...I've heard no complaints from my tabletop players, but you're the only one this will effect in this game. How about 1-3 fizzles and 97-00 is a wild spell?

rogue
02-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Perfect. Thanks, sir.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
02-05-2012, 09:09 PM
I've gone ahead and added the wild magic rules to the House Rules post. Also, don't forget to choose traits for your characters if you want to!

Majere
02-11-2012, 03:16 AM
Alrighty, my version of Waylorn is up and pretty much complete, but I feel like I've made about a bizillion errors, so please double check me guys! :dubious:

Tauren_Kai-Jere
02-13-2012, 11:24 AM
Heine, William and Ed; were you guys going to pick a trait (or traits) for your characters? You don't have too, but since the majority of the group voted to use them you have that option!

I'm currently working on some stat blocks for your first adventure, but I'm pushing to get ready for my tabletop game in two weeks more at the moment. Once everyone has wrapped up their characters (and I think we're getting close) I'll be able to set some kind of deadline for myself to get us started!

rogue
02-13-2012, 01:01 PM
I just need to post traits and inventory and Ulin is done.

Ravenmantle
02-13-2012, 01:13 PM
Traits have been picked for Bhatair.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
02-13-2012, 09:45 PM
Heine, did you actually list those traits on Bhatair's character sheet? I can't find them.

Ravenmantle
02-13-2012, 10:19 PM
No, of course I didn't accidentally add them to the character sheet in the Hourglass game's character sheets thread! :p:

Tauren_Kai-Jere
02-13-2012, 11:58 PM
Ya' know, I thought you might have done that, but I didn't look because then if I was right I would have had to make a lot of fun of you!

Ravenmantle
02-14-2012, 12:20 AM
Bookmark has been edited. :)

rogue
02-15-2012, 04:31 PM
Ulin is almost done. Just need confirmation of a magic item.

Salinus
02-15-2012, 08:23 PM
Still got a bit of shopping to do, and the bio, but Simone is mostly ready.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
02-19-2012, 10:51 AM
Ulin is almost done. Just need confirmation of a magic item.
Ed, I seem to have deleted this PM. Can you resend it to me?

Tauren_Kai-Jere
02-24-2012, 10:28 AM
I've been meaning to bring this up for a few days, but keep forgetting. Ed, how do you feel about only applying the wild magic rolls to the spells Ullin crafts with the Craft Spell feat? That way we're not constantly rolling whenever your character casts a spell and give you some advantage for having certain spells in your repertoire without needing the feat.

Nathril
02-25-2012, 10:52 AM
I am neither playing nor planning to play in this game, but I think that is a great idea - speaking as a player who's been subjected to the wild magic rules for every spell his sorcerer casts.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
02-25-2012, 11:16 AM
Yeah, I was thinking about implementing a similar change for Elonaral in our tabletop - perhaps after he's finished his forthcoming "training."

rogue
02-25-2012, 07:51 PM
I thought we had discussed highest level of spells cast as well. I am cool with using those rules for the feat too.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
02-27-2012, 10:32 AM
How would you feel about doing the wild magic rolls just for the crafted spells?

Tauren_Kai-Jere
03-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Okay, I want everyone finished with their characters by the end of this month. Ideally I will be able to finish the stat blocks I still need to finish and start getting our opening written. I'd like to get this game going by April at the latest.

Sound good?

Salinus
03-04-2012, 11:34 AM
Way too much pressure.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
03-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Suck it up ya' skirt!

rogue
03-05-2012, 05:15 PM
We can start whenever, fool.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
03-06-2012, 06:10 PM
In other news since my wife will be firmly planted in front of our X-Box for a while I'll be using that time get ready for my various D&D games - namely this one!

Ed, did you see my earlier question about wild magic? You didn't answer the later one.

rogue
03-06-2012, 10:43 PM
Yeah, I saw it. Hmmm, I want to do it with the feat and highest level spells. Is that cool?

Tauren_Kai-Jere
03-06-2012, 10:45 PM
If you're cool with that then so am I. I've updated the House Rules accordingly.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
03-14-2012, 12:03 AM
So, I've really been wanting to read my Exiles comic books in order to help get myself into the right mind set for this game. However, because of our living situation they're all in storage at my parents house which is at least a half-hour away from where Marion and I live.

Thank Jeebus I work in a comic book store! As long as I leave them in excellent condition I'm totally allowed to read any trade paperback in the store on my break. My new lunchtime reading - Exiles Collected Edition Vol. 1. Whoo-hoo!

So last I checked the only stuff we're waiting on are back stories for Ullin and Simone and some people to finish up some shopping correct? Beyond that it's all on me. Does anyone have anything left to do that I've forgotten about? If you say nothing I'm going to assume your character is good to go.

SuperBall
03-14-2012, 03:19 AM
Daevan is all finished, Dave.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
03-21-2012, 12:23 PM
So from what I can tell Ullin, Waylorn, and Simone are still missing their back stories and Simone needs an age. Also, some of you may need to finish shopping. I know Matt said he had some more stuff he still wanted to buy for Simone. Waylorn looks like he needs some basic adventuring gear. Ed is Ullin all equipped? He's still got quite a bit of coin.

Oh, and William can you take out the part about The Wayfarer from Daevan's bio? I'm going to handle "the recruiting" in game.

Other then that everyone looks good to go! I still have some stuff to convert/create for your first misison and I still need to start writing, but I have more then a week (and no job) so I'm not worried. I'll let you guys know if I think I'm going to need more time. In the meantime get your characters squared away!

Tauren_Kai-Jere
03-21-2012, 01:15 PM
We will be using the Fast XP progression for this game. All 6th level characters will start with 21,000 XP. All 7th level characters will start with 29,000 XP and the 8th level characters will start with 38,000 XP.

Please adjust your character sheets accordingly!

Salinus
03-21-2012, 11:03 PM
DOUBLE POSTER!!!

I was holding off on age to figure out with you when she was pulled from her timeline.

Majere
03-22-2012, 03:52 AM
I need to update Colbert.

Also, I didn't really know what we/you wanted to do with Waylorn's backstory? Where in history did you pull him from yada yada yada. And as far as basic adventuring stuffs, I got the impression that he didn't have any if he was awoken from his magical slumber by the Wayfarer?

Tauren_Kai-Jere
03-22-2012, 11:13 AM
I was holding off on age to figure out with you when she was pulled from her timeline.
Okay, we can figure that out!

Also, I didn't really know what we/you wanted to do with Waylorn's backstory? Where in history did you pull him from yada yada yada.
Let's say just prior to the official Chronicles adventures. The War of the Lance has started, but he's still asleep when the Wayfarer snags him. That leaves everything in the character's official history as is, but leaves us open to introduce some nonsense.

And as far as basic adventuring stuffs, I got the impression that he didn't have any if he was awoken from his magical slumber by the Wayfarer?
I forgot about this part of our conversation until after I went to bed last night. At least "buy" the equipment you'd want adventuring-wise and I'll take care of the rest.

Majere
03-22-2012, 02:29 PM
Do you want me to summarize and include Waylorn's or leave it blank or what sir?

Tauren_Kai-Jere
03-22-2012, 03:19 PM
Uh, what? Please rephrase for I am confused by your question.

Majere
03-22-2012, 04:49 PM
I left out a few words trying to post by phone. Sorry. What do you want me to include/list for waylorns bio?

Tauren_Kai-Jere
03-22-2012, 04:51 PM
The pertinent details? I only know the bare-bones history of the character anyway.

Majere
03-22-2012, 05:31 PM
Well I have a personality in my mind for him so I can include that, but as for his bio, I wasn't aware that his story more than just kinda barebones?

Tauren_Kai-Jere
03-22-2012, 05:38 PM
Go with that then. We'll flesh out what we can over the next week if we need to.

rogue
03-24-2012, 01:26 PM
Ulin's sheet is done. Guess I forgot to reduce his funds. I will be taking my laptop to the coffee shop tomorrow to do some writing for here and Star Wars.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
03-27-2012, 01:32 PM
Hey guys, I just wanted to give everyone a head's up, but I don't think this game will be starting at the end of the month. I'm juggling a surprising amount of crap right now for a guy with no job. I'll keep everyone posted. In the meantime keep working on your characters if you need too!

Pharathyse
03-27-2012, 03:41 PM
I would like to apply for the role of official peanut gallery, please! :D

Tauren_Kai-Jere
03-27-2012, 04:11 PM
It's yours Michelle. I look forward to your commentary!

Majere
03-28-2012, 03:38 AM
Colbert has been updated Dave. I think we are finally on the same page. I also listed his tricks.

Here they are: Attack, Come, Defend, Down, Heel, Stay, Track

I'll try and get something up for Waylorn's bio over the next few days and he'll be good to go!

Tauren_Kai-Jere
03-29-2012, 12:57 PM
Excellent! Thanks Caleb!

I plan on turning on Pandora and cranking through some stat blocks for this game today. I'm confident we won't be starting this weekend like I wanted too, but I think sometime next week is a safe bet.

Pharathyse
03-29-2012, 03:04 PM
Dave, I have a couple of ideas floating around in my head concerning this game. I have errands to run, but I'll try to catch up with you this evening. :eyebrows:

Tauren_Kai-Jere
03-29-2012, 05:31 PM
Anyone have any thoughts on the Inquisitor PrC? I know there's one in the Advanced Player's Guide, but that's also a divine spellcasting class which is significantly different from the function of the DL one.

How would you guys approach this PrC in Pathfinder? Anyone have any thoughts?

Pharathyse
03-31-2012, 01:46 PM
Have you figured out that PrC yet? I haven't had time to look at it, yet.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
03-31-2012, 04:02 PM
I haven't looked either, really, just glanced at both. However, looking at the Pathfinder PrC it really is pretty different from the DL one. So, I think sometime this week I might start tinkering with a conversion. Any help is appreciated players and peanut gallery!

EDIT: Actually I just figured out a much easier way to deal with the NPC in question. Nevermind!

Ravenmantle
04-01-2012, 02:06 PM
I'm curious, which Pathfinder RPG prestige class are you talking about? Or do you mean the inquisitor base class?

Tauren_Kai-Jere
04-01-2012, 04:50 PM
I'm curious, which Pathfinder RPG prestige class are you talking about? Or do you mean the inquisitor base class?
Yeah, that's what I meant. I forgot it was a base class.

rogue
04-04-2012, 12:02 AM
I'll get Ulin's bio finished up tomorrow.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
04-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Cool. I'm working on stuff for this today. I've almost got my opening posts done and am chugging away on some stat blocks and encounters as we speak. I want to have as much of it done before we start as possible. Beyond Ullin's background I think finishing up Simone and Waylorn is all we have left character-wise?

Tauren_Kai-Jere
04-04-2012, 04:18 PM
I took a shot at converting the Tyranny Domain to Pathfinder today. Let me know what you guys think. I'm not 100 percent sold on the 8th level domain power.

Tyranny Domain
Granted Powers: You terrify your enemies and command your minions with an iron grip.
Terrifying Touch (Sp) You can cause a creature to become shaken with a melee touch attack. This ability lasts for a number of rounds equal to your cleric level (minimum 1). You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.
Aura of Doom (Sp) At 8th level, you can emit a 30-foot aura of dread for a number of rounds per day equal to your cleric level. All enemies within this aura are treated as if under the effects of a doom spell with a DC equal to 10 + your cleric level + your Wisdom modifier. These rounds do not need to be consecutive. Activating this ability is a standard action. If an enemy leaves the area the effect ends for that enemy.
Domain Spells: 1st – command, 2nd – enthrall, 3rd – discern lies, 4th – fear, 5th – command, greater, 6th – geas/quest, 7th – hold person, mass, 8th – charm monster, mass, 9th – dominate monster.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
04-09-2012, 04:11 PM
I think I'd like to kick this game off by the end of the week. I'm far enough along on my various stat block write-ups, conversions, and pre-game nonsense that I'm comfortable starting the adventure. Given the pace of these things I should have plenty of time to get the last third of my stuff done by the time we reach that part of the story.

I see that back stories are finally going up for our last few characters. However, there are still some last minute details to work out. I'm waiting to hear back from Majere regarding one potential magic item for his character and Salinus, let me know if you're done shopping for Simone. Oh, Caleb! I noticed that you and I have different Will saves for Colbert! I think mine are right so go ahead and adjust your character sheet accordingly. I also had to lower the bear's attack bonus for his claws since he doesn't have Multiattack. Beyond that I think he looks good!

Also please don't forget to give your characters their proper starting XP:

We will be using the Fast XP progression for this game. All 6th level characters will start with 21,000 XP. All 7th level characters will start with 29,000 XP and the 8th level characters will start with 38,000 XP.

My official starting post still needs to be written (my prologue is done I think) and we should be good to go. I'd also like to hear if anyone has any feedback for me on my Tyranny domain write-up.

Thanks guys! We're almost ready to start playing!

Ravenmantle
04-10-2012, 02:36 AM
I'd also like to hear if anyone has any feedback for me on my Tyranny domain write-up.

Forgot to check it out. :redface: I'll have a look some time today.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
04-11-2012, 01:02 PM
If people are up for it I'd like to kick this off today or tomorrow. I've PMed the players that will be starting our first scene off to confirm. Those of you who still have stuff to wrap up should do it lickety-split!

Tauren_Kai-Jere
04-12-2012, 11:36 PM
Okay, once Ed and Matt get their stuff squared away we can start. Also, I've PMed SuperBall to make sure he's still on board. He hasn't been around much lately. I just want to double-check that I don't need to replace anyone last minute. We're this close you guys! This close!

:clap:

SuperBall
04-13-2012, 08:40 AM
Superball is green for Racist, Suspicious, world conquering nutbag...

Tauren_Kai-Jere
04-13-2012, 11:32 AM
Awesome. :)

Now I just need Ed to do stuff. I've seen Matt's equipment list and discussed the last few details of his backstory with him. So we're just waiting on rogue to get his background up...

rogue
04-13-2012, 08:48 PM
Ok, Ulin is done! Sorry for the delay. Had to harness my writing creativity. I feel like I am phoning it in lately.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
04-13-2012, 08:49 PM
No worries! Thanks Ed. We have company this evening, but later tonight or tomorrow you can expect my first post!

Tauren_Kai-Jere
04-14-2012, 12:17 AM
In case you missed it, the main thread is up! It's go time! Have fun kids! :)

Tauren_Kai-Jere
04-17-2012, 05:47 PM
Ed, I'm assuming Ulin is aiming the 60 ft. cone of the spell at the doors (and the dwarf) in front of him and concentrating for 3 rounds?

rogue
04-17-2012, 05:48 PM
Hmmm, sure. Then the ceiling.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
04-17-2012, 05:56 PM
You don't have to aim it there if you don't want too. That's just what I assumed from your post. Would you rather focus on the ceiling or do both?

rogue
04-17-2012, 06:07 PM
Doors then ceiling is fine.

SuperBall
04-18-2012, 01:15 PM
I'm putting a post in this evening after work.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
04-18-2012, 01:29 PM
Yay! More people!

rogue
04-19-2012, 08:53 AM
I am trying to figure out how Ulin turned into a teenager? He is in his 30's.....

Tauren_Kai-Jere
04-19-2012, 09:48 AM
I am trying to figure out how Ulin turned into a teenager? He is in his 30's.....
Because he's scrawny and younger then everyone else? I may have also called him a youth a few times, but I was comparing him to a dwarf, so that's my excuse.

SuperBall
04-19-2012, 09:54 AM
It's because I read the description of Ulin, and i don't think its an age thing, as much as this guy has some serious life experience, and he's used to looking down at things. Its not a typo. Take ot as personality.

Ravenmantle
04-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Sorry about the radio silence coming from Denmark. I'm having a rather busy weekend and I'll try to get a post posted tomorrow (Sunday).

Tauren_Kai-Jere
04-22-2012, 07:21 PM
If Heine doesn't get a post in today, I'll move us along tomorrow.

rogue
04-24-2012, 07:30 PM
I'll try to post tonight.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
04-25-2012, 12:05 AM
Old Man Waylorn; he's like, a year older than Ulin! ;)

rogue
04-25-2012, 12:08 AM
Lol, then why did Caleb use "middle-aged" in his post. sigh.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
04-25-2012, 12:13 AM
Hah! That might have actually been me!

Ravenmantle
04-25-2012, 01:31 PM
Post coming up later today. Sorry about the delay.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
04-28-2012, 01:38 AM
So, uh, anyone want to post anything? Pretty please?

Salinus
04-28-2012, 11:41 AM
I can't be the only one concerned with how easily the term "middle-aged" is being tossed around regarding people in their early thirties.

Ravenmantle
04-28-2012, 11:51 AM
Hehe true enough. For some reason, I had it in my head that he was older. :D

Salinus
04-28-2012, 01:23 PM
I blame post #19 (http://www.dragonlanceforums.com/forums/showthread.php?22333-Dragons-on-the-River-of-Time&p=501976#post501976). :shifty1:

Tauren_Kai-Jere
04-28-2012, 01:31 PM
Technically humans in D&D are considered middle-aged at 35, so for adjective purposes I figure you guys are close enough.

Now how about some in-game discussion? Hmmm?

rogue
04-28-2012, 10:57 PM
Dave, are you npc'ing for William?

Tauren_Kai-Jere
04-28-2012, 11:10 PM
Nope! I don't know what's going on with SuperBall. He hasn't done anything with Daevan all week.

rogue
04-28-2012, 11:21 PM
Then why is his character glowering at Ulin? Lol.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
04-28-2012, 11:49 PM
I figure that's more interesting then him standing in a room doing nothing. Besides I figure a Knight of the Divine Hammer would be watching the guy equipped like a wizard suspiciously as said guy runs around talking to people, shouting at thin air, and searching the magical room. Hell, I'd probably be looking you suspiciously! :)

Majere
04-28-2012, 11:55 PM
And wouldnt a. Divine Hammer glare at a sorcerer on general principle?

Tauren_Kai-Jere
04-28-2012, 11:58 PM
Well to be fair Ulin isn't wearing a sign that says, "Hello, I'm a magic-user," and someone from Daevan's world wouldn't know what a sorcerer was, but he's hunted enough wizards to hazard a guess at Ulin's profession based on his general equipment and stuff, I think.

Long sentence short, that was my thought too Caleb. I'm manufacturing drama? Really it was just something relatively harmless for Daevan to be doing instead of picking his butt. I don't if William's even been following this this week. I should probably PM him or something.

rogue
04-29-2012, 01:03 AM
Well first, I was just messing with Dave because its fun. Second, the only things Ulin is wearing is a scroll case and some leather bracers. All his magic gear other than that is in his Haversack. He has a dagger, crossbow and explorers outfit, and isn't wearing robes etc. :)

Majere
04-29-2012, 03:44 AM
A Divine Hammer that's been 'magicked' somewhere glowers at everyone? :D

Tauren_Kai-Jere
04-30-2012, 02:21 PM
Caleb said he should have a post up tonight. Waylorn and Simone's (potential) conversation feels likes it's taking this scene where I want it to go...

rogue
04-30-2012, 07:19 PM
I would like to note that Ulin is not wearing any identifying markings or really anything showing magical markings.

Majere
04-30-2012, 07:51 PM
Silly sneaky apostate! :D

Tauren_Kai-Jere
04-30-2012, 08:38 PM
I would like to note that Ulin is not wearing any identifying markings or really anything showing magical markings.
True, but a physically unimposing guy who talks about his ability to understand or not understand magic and is equipped with nothing bigger then a dagger and has a light crossbow for a missile weapon says "possible arcane spellcaster" to me. :p:

Also: Great post Caleb!

rogue
04-30-2012, 09:15 PM
And I would call metagame. There are plenty of adventuring types who aren't spellcasters who have just that, including peasants and woodsmen. Being the fact everyone was ensorcelled its not far off for him to say that. Only Bhatair saw him use magic. Just sayin'.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
04-30-2012, 09:55 PM
I can make all of the inferences I want in my narration! ALL OF THEM!

rogue
04-30-2012, 10:23 PM
Though I want to argue...I reality can't, lol.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
04-30-2012, 10:24 PM
Hah hah! The DM wins again!

rogue
04-30-2012, 10:33 PM
What? Ace was dismantled by Sith jawas? What a shame....

Tauren_Kai-Jere
04-30-2012, 10:40 PM
Sith jawas, huh? That's a worthy way for a droid to go. Bring on the Sith jawas!

Majere
04-30-2012, 10:41 PM
To the abyss with Dave with his DM powers, and into the maw of a Sarlacc with Ed's!

Tauren_Kai-Jere
04-30-2012, 10:47 PM
Oh snap! Now you're just tempting people to mess with your characters, Caleb! :D

Majere
04-30-2012, 10:58 PM
Makes it more interesting, and isn't that you guy's job anyway?

rogue
05-01-2012, 12:22 AM
It would be too easy penalizing Comps. ;)

SuperBall
05-01-2012, 07:34 AM
There's Star Wars talk in the DL planner! I thought that I was seeing things!

Tauren_Kai-Jere
05-05-2012, 02:43 PM
I just had a crazy-assed idea! Look for a post later today of some kind...

EDIT: Just edited my last post. Things just got crazy!

Majere
05-08-2012, 06:41 PM
What kind of crack are your dice on?!

Tauren_Kai-Jere
05-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Yeah, my rolls thus far have been pretty crazy!

rogue
05-08-2012, 07:52 PM
I'll post tonight.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
05-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Guys, I didn't think of this when I PMed all of you, but please don't name the spell that's affected you in your OOC stuff. Ulin couldn't see it being cast, so I'd like to keep things vague until he's had a chance to digest everyone's behavior and make his own educated guess. I know it may seem obvious, but I'd like to preserve the mystery for now. Make your rolls or whatever, but I don't want to spell it out for Ed just yet.

Sorry Ed. :)

rogue
05-09-2012, 01:27 PM
It's cool. I'll get a post up tonight. Have a lot going on at work.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
05-11-2012, 10:44 AM
Eddddddddd...Poooooooooost...

Tauren_Kai-Jere
05-14-2012, 12:05 PM
Anyone who hasn't posted yet this round should totally post today. It's my birthday after all and posts would be awesome presents for this nerdy guy!

Majere
05-14-2012, 12:26 PM
I second that! Everyone give Dave what he wants! :)

rogue
05-14-2012, 01:44 PM
Go play with your cards.

rogue
05-14-2012, 01:45 PM
Oh yeah, and happy bday and stuff.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
05-15-2012, 06:54 PM
If Heine and William do not act for their characters tonight I'll act for them tomorrow morning.

Ravenmantle
05-15-2012, 07:31 PM
Post coming up shortly.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
05-16-2012, 10:50 AM
Those of you who are enchanted keep in mind that you will automatically attack your attackers on your next turn, as long as you're still enchanted on your next turn (per the rules of the spell). So Bhatair should have attacked Simone this round since she attacked him last round. Daevan will attack Colbert, etc.

Heine, if you could edit your last post please? Once that's done I'll act for William's character (unless he does it first).

Ed, are you holding Ulin's actions until I act for the old sorcerer-guy?

Ravenmantle
05-16-2012, 11:00 AM
Will do as soon as I get my computer online.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
05-16-2012, 11:21 AM
Oh no! Computer explosion!

rogue
05-16-2012, 12:43 PM
Yup, hold until then.

Ravenmantle
05-16-2012, 02:51 PM
Those of you who are enchanted keep in mind that you will automatically attack your attackers on your next turn, as long as you're still enchanted on your next turn (per the rules of the spell). So Bhatair should have attacked Simone this round since she attacked him last round. Daevan will attack Colbert, etc.

Heine, if you could edit your last post please? Once that's done I'll act for William's character (unless he does it first)

Does this apply to disarms as well, though?

Salinus
05-16-2012, 03:53 PM
You were attacked the round before that.

Ravenmantle
05-16-2012, 04:22 PM
You were attacked the round before that.

Yeah but I wasn't under the influence of any enchantment at that point, I reckon.

Salinus
05-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Post #49 (http://www.dragonlanceforums.com/forums/showthread.php?22333-Dragons-on-the-River-of-Time&p=502974#post502974) and #50

Ravenmantle
05-16-2012, 04:47 PM
Fair enough. If I was the GM I'd want the attack to be a hit before it counts. Hence my confusion. :)

Tauren_Kai-Jere
05-16-2012, 04:54 PM
I'm just going by the spell description, my friend. Rules and all that. :)

Ravenmantle
05-16-2012, 05:06 PM
Fair enough. New post coming up.

rogue
05-17-2012, 10:01 AM
Sorry for the delay. I'll have something up today.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
05-22-2012, 10:26 AM
Okay...Heine has dropped out of the game due to Real Life. While the game is built around being able to drop people in and out, having it happen so quickly, and in the first scene, creates some hiccups. I've got some ideas though. I think I actually figured it out what I'm going to do as I was typing this. Huh.

In the meantime I'll see if I can rustle up a replacement lickity-split. I'll start with the folks who volunteered previously on the planner and go from there.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
05-22-2012, 04:38 PM
I've talked to a few folks now, but most people's plates are pretty full these days. The more I think about it, I think I'm just going to NPC Bhatair for a bit. It's not ideal in a party this size or this early in the game, but it does offer me some interesting story alternatives. :D And hey! Maybe we'll be able to rejoin us at some point!

Tauren_Kai-Jere
05-24-2012, 01:33 PM
So, yeah, this has been a fun process; trying to figure out what I'm doing with this situation. After some more discussion and screwy late-night decision making Vittorio the Red will be taking Ravenmantle's spot for now (but I still have plans for Bhatair). I'm waiting to see if the other PCs (Waylorn and Simone) are on board with the Wayfarer's mission and then I can move us to our next scene.

Say hit to Vitt everyone!

rogue
05-24-2012, 02:09 PM
Hey Boog!

Vittorio the Red
05-24-2012, 02:25 PM
Hows it going guys? Pleasure to be aboard...

Tauren_Kai-Jere
05-24-2012, 05:16 PM
So Vitt's character inspired me to throw out everything I spent like a month planning and make your first mission something entirely different! And less planned! But more fun for me! Who-hoo!

Vittorio the Red
05-26-2012, 02:09 AM
Started posting Variel but i had a long day and im running on E. He's pretty much done though, i'll finish posting him tomorrow afternoon before work.

Oh Tauren, my last private message i asked about a few Kirath items, need a few stats and prices

Tauren_Kai-Jere
05-26-2012, 11:55 AM
Done! Check your PMs!

Vittorio the Red
05-26-2012, 01:13 PM
Gotcha, just PMed you back actually.. lol

Tauren_Kai-Jere
05-26-2012, 01:31 PM
Unless someone else wants to pipe up here I'm going to move us along to your next scene sometime today (I've got some comics to read right now) and get things set-up to introduce Vitt's character and shuffle Bhatair off to other things.

You guys will be interested to know that Vitt's character is from Bong's Age or Mortals tabletop game, post-Frost's demise.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
05-26-2012, 02:36 PM
I just updated the Top Ten Hits List! I reverted to our original method from DoAu only because the single hits crap was to hard to deal with; to many duplicated sentences and all. It's certainly an odd list to start with!

Tauren_Kai-Jere
05-26-2012, 05:58 PM
XP is up on the Character Sheet/XP thread!

Vittorio the Red
05-27-2012, 02:13 AM
Have to add some equipment and a few things but Variel's basically ready to go

Alright... now im ready to go. Kind of toying with the archetype for my ranger levels but im good to go. I went with Irregular... i really wanted to go Guide but it has an ability that replaces Hunters Bond and since i went with the Kirath alternatives Hunters Bond has already been replaced.... I tossed Skirmisher around also, just not sure if i want to get rid of spells

Any ideas? im open to suggestions

Tauren_Kai-Jere
05-27-2012, 08:26 PM
Well knowing next to nothing of this guy's personality I would say go with what you want to play. I need to rehydrate from a long day of drinking beer in the sun, so I'll take a closer look at the options you're talking about later tonight or tomorrow!

Tauren_Kai-Jere
05-27-2012, 09:24 PM
Hey Vitt, where is the irregular archetype found? I couldn't find in the APG.

Vittorio the Red
05-27-2012, 09:50 PM
I use the Pathfinder SRD... its in the Ranger section at the end

Its called the Nirmathi Irregular in the Pathfinder world

Tauren_Kai-Jere
05-28-2012, 07:41 PM
Hey guys, if no one wants to RP anything here then I'll move us along tomorrow. I'm guessing people are distracted by the holiday weekend and all the Star Wars activity so I'm going to give this another day.

rogue
05-28-2012, 10:24 PM
Sorry, not trying to steal any thunder.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
05-28-2012, 10:28 PM
Sorry, not trying to steal any thunder.
There is no thunder to be stolen! Ulin, Simone, Daevan, Waylorn, and Colbert are alone for the next ten hours to rest. Feel free to get to know each other until it's time to plop Vitt's character into the mix!

Vittorio the Red
05-29-2012, 06:54 PM
Hey i remember you said were on the fast path as far as experience, i was going to start at the beginning of 8th, is that cool?

Tauren_Kai-Jere
05-29-2012, 08:19 PM
Actually go ahead and start at 38,000. I'm going to try to get something up tonight after I update the Quick Sheet with Variel. You should be jumping in very soon my friend!

Tauren_Kai-Jere
06-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Hey guys, I'm officially going to put this thread on hold until Monday. Gamerpalooza is/has taken over my weekend! See y'all on the other side!

Tauren_Kai-Jere
06-05-2012, 04:40 PM
Hey guys - we're back! Right now I'm waiting on a post from Ed regarding the results of Ulin's identify spell that he said he'll be making at some point today. Depending what his character does next I'll likely move us along to the next scene after that. In the meantime the rest of you are free to post (except Vitt - I'm getting to you)!

Vittorio the Red
06-05-2012, 05:58 PM
No problem... Got to run out for a quick second but i'll be right back!

Tauren_Kai-Jere
06-07-2012, 01:50 AM
You sons of bitches! This game will not play itself! I've been drinking! Deal with it! RAAAAH!

rogue
06-07-2012, 07:53 AM
Not all of us are absent on posting. Focus on the deliquents!

Salinus
06-07-2012, 11:10 AM
I'm sure everyone's had busy schedules, but we're all equally delinquent in welcoming Variel. :p

But don't worry, Tauren did clear out any and all alcohol in the fridge, so hopefully it will be a while before we incur his wrath again.

Vittorio the Red
06-07-2012, 11:44 AM
Wow someone posted!

Tauren_Kai-Jere
06-07-2012, 11:53 AM
Wow someone posted!
It does happen. ;)

I was a little bit of a fussy drunk here last night, so uh, sorry 'bout that. Perhaps we can get a little more RPing going? It does seem to be kind of a slow week all around post-Gamerpalooza. We'll see what happens, I guess!

Vittorio the Red
06-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Uh oh.... what were u fussing about? And no worries here, i was in bed by 10pm last night

Tauren_Kai-Jere
06-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Lately with this game it doesn't feel like anything happens unless I pop on and grump about the Two-Day Rule. It probably doesn't help that I don't have a job either to keep me otherwise occupied. That's the way it goes sometimes.

It also looks like everyone got my PM about XP (except maybe Caleb :D ). Hooray for up to date character sheets!

Vittorio the Red
06-07-2012, 12:23 PM
Hey it's ok to give them a swift kick in the ass every once in a while...

And hey i was curious.... theres a prestige class called the Blue Phoenix of Habbakuk or something like that. Im kind of interested in that for Variel. If you get a chance can you PM what you need to qualify for that?

Majere
06-07-2012, 12:23 PM
Wha? Who? Where? :D

Work was just stupid since I got back for some reason. This is about the first chance I've had to log on...

Tauren_Kai-Jere
06-07-2012, 12:29 PM
And hey i was curious.... theres a prestige class called the Blue Phoenix of Habbakuk or something like that. Im kind of interested in that for Variel. If you get a chance can you PM what you need to qualify for that?
The big qualification is death! :D

I'll hit you with a PM.

Vittorio the Red
06-07-2012, 12:34 PM
lol.... thanx man, appreciate it

Majere
06-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Hey look! It's apparently my character's birthday today! :Tiphat:

Tauren_Kai-Jere
06-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Oh this is going to be a fun group. That was a very Silvanesti response Vitt! I love it! I can't wait for Variel and Daevan to start talking. That'll be fun.

Majere
06-07-2012, 01:32 PM
I suddenly get the feeling Waylorn is going to be getting us into a lot of trouble.

rogue
06-07-2012, 01:42 PM
Dave, sometimes you have to rant to get the ball rolling. You know I do it all the time over in Star Wars. Mostly through PM, though. :D

Vittorio the Red
06-07-2012, 07:54 PM
Insulting? I haven't even begun to be insulting

Edit- Hey Tauren, when you get a chance can you let me know the weight of the Soris, im calculating my carrying capacity

Tauren_Kai-Jere
06-07-2012, 09:03 PM
A soris weighs 3 lbs.

Also, since William hasn't logged in for two days I'm within my rights to act for his character, but I'd like to give him a chance to post so I'm going to wait a little longer. Come Saturday, however, I'll move us along he if hasn't done anything.

Tauren_Kai-Jere
06-10-2012, 02:17 AM
Okay, I've been more then generous in giving William time to post. From here on out I'm sticking to the Two-Day Rule unless I hear from someone. I will figure out how to move us along later today after I get some sleep and stuff. Thanks for your patience guys!

Vittorio the Red
06-11-2012, 04:48 PM
I get off work at 9pm, I'll be on when I get home tonight

Vittorio the Red
06-11-2012, 11:19 PM
So all these undead.... lol

Gonna suck with no cleric in the party

Tauren_Kai-Jere
06-12-2012, 05:11 PM
No comment from the DM. :D

Hey Vitt! Who does Variel pray to for his spells? Habbakuk?

Vittorio the Red
06-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Yes sir... the blue phoenix

Tauren_Kai-Jere
06-12-2012, 05:22 PM
I would have known that if I'd read your character sheet before asking. :spin:

Vittorio the Red
06-12-2012, 05:27 PM
But you already knew the answer as well... oh mighty DM, lord of all