PDA

View Full Version : Question about Riverwind.

Lawrence the Mystic
08-27-2004, 03:09 PM
Hopefully someone can answer this. When Riverwind went and found the Blue Crystal Staff of Mishakal, the books talk about him seeing a "dark winged creature". Anyone know what this creature actually is?

thanks,
Lawrence

Ravenmantle
08-27-2004, 03:12 PM
Probably Khi-Santh (or something like that), the black dragon in Xak Tsaroth

Ravenmantle

WildKnight
08-27-2004, 03:19 PM
Probably Khi-Santh (or something like that), the black dragon in Xak Tsaroth

Ravenmantle

I think Ravenmantle is right... doesnt he refer to it as "death on black wings" or something like that?

Valharic
08-27-2004, 03:30 PM
Yep, It was Kisanth the black dragon. At that time he was ferverish, exhausted, and sick. Plus he had never seen a dragon before. With that combination he could not completly comprehend what he was seeing.

Lawrence the Mystic
08-27-2004, 03:31 PM
I was thinking that it might have been the black dragon from Xak Tsaroth. Guess that means Riverwind traveled to Xak Tsaroth to find the staff originally?

Ravenmantle
08-27-2004, 03:53 PM
Yep, It was Kisanth the black dragon. At that time he was ferverish, exhausted, and sick. Plus he had never seen a dragon before. With that combination he could not completly comprehend what he was seeing.

Hehe well a black dragon IS death on black wings! :D So even if he wasnīt sick and exhausted he probably would have said the same ;)

Ravenmantle

Ravenmantle
08-27-2004, 03:56 PM
I was thinking that it might have been the black dragon from Xak Tsaroth. Guess that means Riverwind traveled to Xak Tsaroth to find the staff originally?

Itīs been awhile (a LOOONG while!) since I read Riverwind - The Plainsman but as I remember it thatīs exactly what it means :) Was it even in Riverwind - The Plainsman? Or did I get some books mixed up?

Ravenmantle

Lawrence the Mystic
08-27-2004, 04:11 PM
thanks all.
I'm getting ready to run the original DL1-16 series (will work on converting the rest to 3.5) that runs through the chronicles story, but I wanted to do some individual story/adventure kind of stuff before I start running DL1 with everybody together. Hmm one 4th level character fleeing from a black dragon, should be fun. Running the Wizards test at the Tower of High Sorcery should be a kick too. :D

Jamie
08-27-2004, 04:27 PM
Hopefully someone can answer this. When Riverwind went and found the Blue Crystal Staff of Mishakal, the books talk about him seeing a "dark winged creature". Anyone know what this creature actually is?

thanks,
Lawrence

Poor Riverwind had some bad experiences in Xak Tsaroth. (In the game material he actually died there and was resurrected by the incarnation of Mishakal, hence a "modified" Constitution score.) He freaked out when he first saw the draconians on the road in Dragons of Autumn Twilight because he had encountered them before--along with the dragon, who he referred to as "death on black wings." Because of his illness and everything that happened, he only had vague memories of Xak Tsaroth when he journeyed there again with the companions.

Ogre_Bane
08-27-2004, 05:11 PM
Also, Khisanth (or her human name, Onyx) has her own book...The Black Wing. It actually ends with the encounter between her and the Heroes of the Lance in DoAT.