PDA

View Full Version : Lord Soth and Kitiara, a couple made in... undeath?

LordSoth_reborn
08-27-2004, 07:59 AM
Now let's get down to business...

i'm developing a plot where both Lord Soth and Kitiara would be brought back to Krynn.
Kitiara's soul was trapped in Hell by the ghost that lured Lord Soth, correct? So her soul wasn't involved in the events of the War of the Souls. When all the pandemonium ended and Krynn was restored in the cosmos, her soul was brought back to Krynn, but, due the corruption and malevolence lingering in Dagaard keep, where her body was trapped in a hidden mausoleum, she wasn't ressurected, but instead, cursed with undeath, transformed into a vampire. now, seeking revenge for the one who betrayed her, Kitiara's is looking for a way to restore Lord Soth. She tried everything, but with no success. Then she heard of an power artifact, the Device of Time Traveling. Now she seeks a way to find such artifact and bring Lord Soth into the future, sparing him of his doom in the clutches of Takkhisis. Unfortnatly, in her condition of undead, she can't walk all the land of Ansalon, though her anger.

Now i found some problems:
1) not even I know where this Time Device is :rolleyes:
2) how did kitiara die? i know it was in the Grove of the Tower of high sorcery, but how EXACTLY was this event?
3) and how exactly Lord Soth was destroyed? I don't have the book, and the DLCS only give a faint description of this event.

Now i'm asking for all gamers willing to help me in this plot-developing crusade :cool:

wannabe_mage
08-27-2004, 08:17 AM
I can only be helpful in regards to Kitiara's death, I think. In Legends Dalamar teaches her a lesson and nearly kills her. I don't know if any of the novels deal with this, I haven't seen it though, so correct me if I'm wrong. Kitiara doesn't die immediately. Lord Soth appears with the intend to take Kitiara away to be his bride in undeath. The love of Tanis who is also present keeps Soth from taking at first, but eventually he lets go. Soth leaves with the dying Kitiara.

LordSoth_reborn
08-27-2004, 08:23 AM
but what about my campaing idea? what do you think? kitiara would seek adventures for her to seek out for this artifact, saying that she was a knight that was seeking a way to restore the life of a beloved friend that was cursed, and this mgical item is the only way to restore him.

wannabe_mage
08-27-2004, 08:25 AM
but what about my campaing idea? what do you think?
I think it sounds interesting. I kinda like the idea of switching roles. Soth, at least in Ravenloft, spend all his time figuring out how to restore Kitiara. This sounds like she's about to get even :D

LordSoth_reborn
08-27-2004, 08:29 AM
yayyy, you got the point!
so which level should i place this adventure? 9th, 10th? i don't want anything higher (maybe 5th level..)
and what about kitiara's vampire condition? sounds cool, huh? :cool:

Mariner
08-27-2004, 08:32 AM
1. Device was with Tas as Chaos crushed him.
2. Dalamar with a bolt of lightning in the study
3. I think Mina/Takhisis just erased him from the face of Krynn

Good idea with the campaign. Do whatever you want with it, that is the great thing about RPing. Don't worry about specifics, it is not like you are writing for Astinus, just stay creative! Good luck to ya.

wannabe_mage
08-27-2004, 08:35 AM
Uhm, that's tough. I really couldn't say if 5th or 10th would be appropriate. But if you wnat to include either the spell Time Reaver or the Device of Time Journey I'd say high-level. And I think you should have a damn good explanation for those two. Otherwise, hmm, a vampire as pc adversary... I'd say 10th.

LordSoth_reborn
08-27-2004, 02:39 PM
now you got the wrong idea...
what i had in mind was that Kitiara would use the players for her on purpouse, manipulating them until she rescue Lord Soth...
Now that you mentioned, the time reaver spell would be far more functional than tehe artifact. she could send the players in search of a scroll of the spell, which could be in the ruin of the wizardry tower in solace. With the scroll, she would use it in a ritual and bring Soth just before he become ashes of time himself!!! :cool:

MagusInfinita
11-05-2014, 04:28 PM
The only known copy of the Device of Time Traveling was destroyed when Chaos killed Tas, so a scroll of Timereaver would be the only real option. Unfortunately, only the Master of the Towers have access to that spell. Have fun making the players get that. Also, it has some pretty hefty requirements.

The others have hit up Kit's death pretty well

While Takhisis was recovering from stealing the world, Soth learned about redemption. When Mina came (on behalf of Takhisis) to offer him command of the armies of (un)dead, he refused which made her mad. Thinking to punish him, she made him mortal again, and then Mina killed. With the return of the gods, his soul would have gone through the Gate of Souls, and into the Dome of Creation where he is looking for his wife.

Kit could always just resurrect him, then turn him into a vampire under her control...

Chris Knapp
11-05-2014, 08:26 PM
Wow, this is some kind of record, eh? Over 10 year thread necro!

DmJoeSolarte
11-05-2014, 10:44 PM
Now let's get down to business...

i'm developing a plot where both Lord Soth and Kitiara would be brought back to Krynn.
Kitiara's soul was trapped in Hell by the ghost that lured Lord Soth, correct? So her soul wasn't involved in the events of the War of the Souls. When all the pandemonium ended and Krynn was restored in the cosmos, her soul was brought back to Krynn, but, due the corruption and malevolence lingering in Dagaard keep, where her body was trapped in a hidden mausoleum, she wasn't ressurected, but instead, cursed with undeath, transformed into a vampire. now, seeking revenge for the one who betrayed her, Kitiara's is looking for a way to restore Lord Soth. She tried everything, but with no success. Then she heard of an power artifact, the Device of Time Traveling. Now she seeks a way to find such artifact and bring Lord Soth into the future, sparing him of his doom in the clutches of Takkhisis. Unfortnatly, in her condition of undead, she can't walk all the land of Ansalon, though her anger.

Now i found some problems:
1) not even I know where this Time Device is :rolleyes:
2) how did kitiara die? i know it was in the Grove of the Tower of high sorcery, but how EXACTLY was this event?
3) and how exactly Lord Soth was destroyed? I don't have the book, and the DLCS only give a faint description of this event.

Now i'm asking for all gamers willing to help me in this plot-developing crusade :cool:

Well, there is the matter of the novel KNIGHT OF THE BLACK ROSE, a Ravenloft novel where it detailed the events immediately after Soth took Kitiara's body back to Daargard Keep. He had her, under watch. He had his herald or someone named Carasomething go to the Abyss, but had to be careful as he was well aware that the battle between Raistlin vs Takhisis was still ongoing. This herald was supposed to do something, don't remember what, but something happened, and somehow Soth got sucked into Ravenloft, where he dealt with Von Strahdt or whatever that vampire's name was.

I know the controversy- the main writers of DL insist that it did not happen, did not authorize it, etc etc. And we know the official line is that TSR owned the property, they decide what to do. They decided to move Soth to Ravenloft for that novel. I used to own it, it was a fantastic, well researched book and as far as I am concerned it is 100% Dragonlance canon!

1) Assuming we are talking about the one that Tasslehoff has? I assume he has it or the Orders of Magic have it.

2) She was gravely wounded going thru the Grove, even with her in full armor, probably with the Crown of Power and even with her bearing the gem of darkness. But she was still active in both timelines (ie, the one where Raistlin defeats Takhisis and the one where we saw in TEST OF THE TWINS) when she faced Dalamar in front of the Portal of the Abyss. Dalamar had to lower his protective magic in order to get a wand of lightning. Kitiara was able to mortally wound Dalamar. In the primary timeline, without Caramon being there to deflect Kitiara's last dagger toss, Dalamar dies. With Caramon there he saves Dalamar, but Kitiara is mortally wounded, her last words to Tanis begging him to save her from him (being Soth), I think.

So officially it would seem that she took a lot of wounds and Dalamar's last strike finished her off with a wand of lightning.

3) I've heard of Soth's end. As I do not recognize anything that takes place chronologically AFTER the TWINS Trilogy (no problem with anything that takes place in the past, just despise everything 2nd Generation and SUMMERS FLAME, which is where DL ended for me). So I am not sure how he really died.

DmJoeSolarte
11-05-2014, 10:47 PM
didn't realize this thread was 10 years old! Wow!

I gave somebody an idea once that they said they implemented, where in Takhisis's will, she had a provision she had crafted and actually vested Kitiara to make her a Pit Fiend, and that this was implemented by the High God; and with that sorta power, Kitiara would surely be a force to be reckoned with. And she had zero interest in a Death Knight that was not serving her and could not perform for her sexually, which did something to Soth, don't remember which.