PDA

View Full Version : Cool Names you have come across in your D&D life

Trivaris
08-26-2004, 10:26 PM
no novels allowed

Lawrence the Mystic
08-26-2004, 11:16 PM
Well, I like my current wizards name in the campaign I'm a player in, Zephyrus.
My favorite is from when I ran a short monstrous campaign, and we had gotten my buddy's girlfriend to play (after months of pestering). She made a red dragon and named him Dr. Evil Galla.

Whyndam
08-27-2004, 11:43 AM
Well, I'd have to say Bren Whyndam, but then again, I made up that name so I'm probably biased. :-)

beardies221
08-27-2004, 06:27 PM
WIFFLENUT!!! That's Carteeg's wife's kender's name. That is the best name I have ever ever heard...

Shugi
08-27-2004, 07:23 PM
Like Whyndam, I'm fond of a name that I created, but the surname had already been determined by my DM. I'm happy to say that Mourn Reaper still causes some gamers to shudder, though the concept is overused like naming a character Charity or Faith or Mercy or.... :)

kendercommander
08-27-2004, 07:29 PM
Well my fav is the one I use a lot. Acorn Thornpicker, of my family of kender (walnut, Ivy, Pinecone, Maybe a Cashew....)

But after seeing roleplaying forums i wanted to get in as a kender and after about 30 minutes of pondering and casually leafing through my dicionary, ACORN THORNPICKER was born and was off to mishief with elves and drunks!

iltharanos
08-27-2004, 07:36 PM
Flytrap Dirtybeard - a gully dwarf barbarian/fighter in an old campaign I ran who (surprisingly!) rode around his figurine of wondrous power (ebony fly).

dark_demon_dalamar
08-27-2004, 10:00 PM
Siam Sym Barbarian

Torn
08-27-2004, 10:25 PM
This character originated before I used him in my D&D Campaign with my friends... Atrii Redwood (pronounced A-tree) - He was a half-elven ranger... now that I think of it, we haven't played in a while... far too long. *sigh*

Knight Huma of the Lance
08-28-2004, 12:07 AM
Terenas,from the WarCraft II PC game.

Dr_Teeth
08-28-2004, 01:28 AM
Bristol Nosepicker

3 guesses what race he was.

Ravenmantle
08-28-2004, 03:15 AM
My favorite has to be Gareth Ravenmantle. The character was a Knight of Takhisis who fought during the Chaos War. He was a dark, depressed character, which was really a nice change from my usual characters.

Ravenmantle

Sylvanas_Windrunner
08-28-2004, 08:56 PM
Terenas,from the WarCraft II PC game.

Bah, Sylvanas pwns all.

Now placate yourself before me a bask in my presence! :D

But yeah, Blizzard is good with the name factor.

dark_demon_dalamar
09-01-2004, 02:29 AM
Sang Drankor minotaur Barbarian

dark_demon_dalamar
09-01-2004, 05:04 AM
Hybrid Ranc Half-human[u don't wanna no the other half]Ranger

Kendermage
09-01-2004, 09:39 AM
One word continually strikes fear into the hardiest of Gamers, "Flag," as in Steven King's Flag.

Cam Banks
09-01-2004, 09:47 AM
One word continually strikes fear into the hardiest of Gamers, "Flag," as in Steven King's Flag.

Except it's spelled with two Gs. :) Also, not a very frightening character, especially if you see the miniseries of The Stand, where Flagg looks like Michael Landon on a bad day.

Cheers,
Cam

Kendermage
09-01-2004, 09:59 AM
Sorry typo on my part. Yeah he wasn't that scary in the mini-series, but we made him a whole lot nastier than Steven could imagine. We borrowed a page from Palladium Fantasy, and made him into a greatest Old One. Of course, this was way before we even knew there was such a thing a Palladium Fantasy, or anything remotely like the Palldium System. We were using the old Rules Cyclopedia for D&D. The adventure revolved around our heroes being part of soem proficicy that forbid him from harming us directly. I'll never forget when Flagg sliced the top off a Mountain and threw it at Thor, the Norse god of Thunder, who was the God of my Paladin. My Paladin and my friends Monk stepped in front of the extremely weakened Thundergod, (He'd already gotten his butt kicked by Flagg) Flagg was forced to divert the deadly projectile or risk altering the prophecy. Needless to say, it was very exciting.

Valharic
09-01-2004, 10:07 AM
A few cool names I've like. Of course some of them are my characters and that's why. :)

Mordarby : Human Red Robed Wizard
Bazzerak : Dwarven Barbarian/Fighter
Theofrid: Human Rouge (old english for "Thief in Red")

Calvillas uth Dalgrin
09-01-2004, 12:29 PM
Bull, the half-minotaur monk
Merlanthalas, the elven wizard
Fezzik, the bugbear rogue
Rufus Toestumper and Yeblin Skinnydipper, kender handlers

The Grimace
09-01-2004, 12:54 PM
I have plenty of names that I like, but most of them are from novels. The first character I ever made was a crappy Paladin...so he doesn't count, but the second character I ever made was a Dwarven fighter by the name of Dror Poolhelm...I love that name, and try to fit it in to things whenever I can.

Kendermage
09-01-2004, 02:10 PM
Having played a paladin, I don't feel they are crappy at all. Of course having one with wild psionic abilities didn't hurt either.

Nightweasel
09-01-2004, 03:04 PM
Well, my names have been pretty crappy. I remember one game I named my character Griffin, and on the first adventure, we go to a town, and guess what the inn's name is.......the Humping Griffon.........

A friend was totally out there when it came to names.......his gnome named Malto Dextrin...of the ingredients of a Payday candy bar

Then he had dwarven twings.........Ima and Ura D#*_head, needless to say, catastrophe struck when anyone asked them what their names were.

Captain Chooch
09-01-2004, 05:15 PM
I'm pretty pleased with a few of my RP names.

Karethias, a classic Elven Ranger, or protagnists name ive used many times in many games.

Kehleyon, from a short story I wrote, he was an evil Cleric- I just love the name, and use him for evil guys on MMOs.

Ensemas- the Romanesque name in a can, fresh from my brain. Oh, and It makes for a great, nasty nick name. Anyone wanna guess?

OldschoolDL
09-01-2004, 05:18 PM
Original Created names

Turkquill Rockshaper (Stately Dwarven Cleric of Reorx of Thornbardin)

Ruby Crickethopper Kenderish

Finn Rosengaard (For a Knight of Solamnia turn into a Bard)

Ianthaltanis (an elven Slant for the name Ian, same goes for Ivan)

Hatrel
09-01-2004, 05:41 PM
Anthanasious Anastogian - a Tiefling Rogue
Toussle Tangleknot - a Dark Sun Halfling Rogue/Telepath
Korin Bluesteel - Dwarf Craftsman/Fighter in a LotR d20 game I am testing
Lenthal Theabor - My first Character ever, Human Fighter

The Grimace
09-01-2004, 06:19 PM
Having played a paladin, I don't feel they are crappy at all. Of course having one with wild psionic abilities didn't hurt either.
Actually, it was a crappy paladin because I hated second edition and I was playing under quite a crappy DM...and i had 4 int...I'd say that signifies as crappy.

Aslan THE WHITE
09-01-2004, 06:50 PM
i have a few

Malstrom Bloodhorn berserker Minotuar 11 level died on the first plane of hell helping a friend
Sir Derwin Orlack the Bnnevolent Lord Clerist 14 old school knight of the sword
Cobbler the Patchwork old school wild magic also very chaotic
Fizzledink the Fabulous tinker gnome
Sir Darreck Bloodrose Knight of the rose 3.5v version

The first 3 were mine the laster were friends.

Paladins not suck either

Shugi
09-01-2004, 06:59 PM
A friend was totally out there when it came to names.......his gnome named Malto Dextrin...of the ingredients of a Payday candy bar

That reminds me of an old friend who played a firbolg named Sucrose who was a priest of Judas. *beat* It was a very cool over-the-top game.

Kendermage
09-01-2004, 10:56 PM
Actually, it was a crappy paladin because I hated second edition and I was playing under quite a crappy DM...and i had 4 int...I'd say that signifies as crappy.

Yeah I can see how that might be construed as crappy, though wisdom and intelligence are often strangers.

shadow_over_agranoth
09-01-2004, 11:58 PM
My current character's name is Kee-Kee. Because most people call me Kee-Kee. Wow, aren't I creative? ;)

dikjimgin
09-25-2004, 07:03 AM
Oscaniuos Galileo was one of the coolest names i ever came accross. he was a PC in the longest running DL campaign that i run as DM.

he was a human fighrt (basic) that always wanted to be a paladin..... he retired eventually and bought an Inn in Haven and called it The Paladin Inn and hung his DH sword+3 behind the bar. that was one cool campaign. :)

iltharanos
09-25-2004, 08:43 AM
Ticklemop Lickspittle: Kender NPC that one PC encountered in an alternate timeline ...

Carteeg_Struve
09-25-2004, 09:00 AM
WIFFLENUT!!! That's Carteeg's wife's kender's name. That is the best name I have ever ever heard...

My wife appreciates the compliment. :)

Oddly enough we just got back to doing some minor-RP with Whifflenut Footwise. She's FINALLY gotten back to Krynn after decades and decades of other-setting travel. Unfortunately she was striped of everything and other than her experience she has nothing. Considering she dropped out of Krynn prior to the Chaos War, she is VERY confused over the current status of the world (just post-War of Souls).

Let's see... what is my favorite name....... Carteeg Struve! okay... okay... ummm....... Unfortunately my mind is stuck on Whifflenut's family member's names: Redlance Footwise. Bitterroot Streambed. Tanglefoot Footwise.

Although I did like one in-game villain's name: Siansshonerle. (Sigh-Anns-Shawn-Err-El) (or Sian for short). The name came from the merging of the words: Sinner A***ole.

OldschoolDL
09-25-2004, 02:12 PM
Eliss Solemgaard: The Arch Enemy of the party a Half elf Fighter/Renegade mage who taps into the Power of the emerald orb and voluntarly gets possessed by Galen Dracos in order to destroy his Father and or his family, blaming Him for abandoning his Mother a human herbalist from the bandits attack. Oh and has his ears half chopped off by the bandits.

Grizzle: Bugbear Warrior who turn his back on Throtyl after a series of Murders of the Clerics of Takhisis and Sargonnas and those are replaced by Chemosh and Morgion clerics.

Toothcracker: A Kobold cleric of Reorx

Orion (heh 0riginal) A young Stallion Centaur who was in love with our parties Centaur Katriona but was cut down while he left Darken woods to chase after her.

Coke Rhinestone (Ivantalthanis) The qualinesti Red Robe Thief of my first creation when I joined the Adult party of my father's when I was about 10. He plays a pinnacle part in my storyline some years before he joins the party which will make him legend

Dread the Kagonesti Thief/Cleric of Chemosh, who in 15 years time shall abandon Chemosh and take up the mantle of Zeboim, and cause chaos and destroy cities, until he manages to Rock to mud part of a nearby temple of Zeboim and he must now spend the rest of his elven life Remaking the temple with a Spoon.

Argent Blackhammer the Daewar Wayfinder Fighter/Thief. Which his family's Blackhammer a giant black maul.

various Knights names

Sir Fallion the boy of Solamnia who grew up in Kern and help run his Father's smuggling business on the high seas.

Sir Rosman a Knight of Solamnia by way of field promotion for his bravey on the field. Though most of his fellow Knights don't treat him to kindly, since he is In Fact Northern Ergothian

Sir Raphael a arrogant Knight who warms over after the party's bravery is proven

Misc names.

Kargano High chief of the Red Plains Kagonesti Tribe nestled on the foothills of the Forsaken Mountains.

Mahena the Lionslayer, Kargano's eldest Son and legendary War chief of the Red Plains, who slew a Rabid ancient Lion when it stalked women and children in the fields and sparked a tribal war with the neighboring Wemic Tribes

Delilah The Half Kagonesti-Silvanesti elven Fighter/Black Robe/ Assassin, who wants revenge for her enslavement by the Silvanesti family of Patol.

Bromwyn the Firbolg Giant Barbarian lady who has no knowledge of the world outside her woods north of the Garnet mountains. and is Supicious of the "Tall Dwarves" since the only contact she has had were the Dwarves of Nearby Hill's pride. anything else are Tall Dwarves who poisoned and diseased her tribe to near extiction.

Kaster Malcom Dantoni A Cleric of Mishakal who wields his Uncle Malcom's Staff of Healing. Legend has it that the elder Malcom learned of Mishakal from Goldmoon herself in Kalaman and the Goddess blessed the staff. Kaster follows in his Uncles footsteps because....... He's a Wiseguy Fu get a bout it!

Ogre_Bane
09-25-2004, 06:41 PM
"Sir Bob" - A KoS that my PCs couldn't remember his real name because it was "too complicated." They just kept calling him Sir Bob all the friggin' time. Really pissed me off.

And of course....

Maren Ogrebane. :D

Wagadodo
09-27-2004, 10:44 AM
Wagadodo! Come on a good Gnome name.. Imagine if I actually lengthed it out to its full name. Though I never got to play him.

Timmon - My first half elven bard.
Shado Den - A very rougish character. He wasn't a D&D character but a UO character name. Was the Queen's man.
Doki Jedu - This one was actually a random created name off a Stars Wars setting.
Alerson Moontree - A priest of Azuth out of Forgotten realms. An Elf.
Barlo - Barbarian human out of a D&D Warhammer campaign. He idolized dwarves thinking that his people where dwarves that were casted out of the mountian.

Saitheron
09-27-2004, 01:09 PM
Well, I think I'll add one, as well. It's one I, too, created a little over seven years ago for Rhydin (AOL RP). He's from Krynn, of course, and travelled elsewhere for a while. And now recently he's returned with a few friends. Kenders always make friends, right!

Wendelhop Scribblefingers is his name. He's known more commonly as Skippy. A long story, too long for the moment, anyways.

But that's my favorite. Thanks for listening. I shall now tune out and get back to work.

Huma.s.Gal
09-27-2004, 02:26 PM
Except it's spelled with two Gs. :) Also, not a very frightening character, especially if you see the miniseries of The Stand, where Flagg looks like Michael Landon on a bad day.

Cheers,
Cam

There are two different Stephen King characters with the name of Flagg the one from the Stand and the one from Eyes of the Dragon. The one in the latter is a scarier guy.

But back on topis Khirsiah Nytebringer saw it on a pc game and thought it was a pretty good name.

Kendermage
09-27-2004, 03:35 PM
There are two different Stephen King characters with the name of Flagg the one from the Stand and the one from Eyes of the Dragon. The one in the latter is a scarier guy.

But back on topis Khirsiah Nytebringer saw it on a pc game and thought it was a pretty good name.

I agree the one in Eyes of the Dragon is a much nastier character. He's the one we based our party nemesis off of. *Still gets shivers at the merest mention of his name.* It's also implied that Flagg is the villain in the Dark Tower as well. Personally I like the continuity of the Dark Tower series. While we're on the subject of names what name could draw more attention than Roland of Gilead.

WildKnight
09-27-2004, 04:50 PM
I agree the one in Eyes of the Dragon is a much nastier character. He's the one we based our party nemesis off of. *Still gets shivers at the merest mention of his name.* It's also implied that Flagg is the villain in the Dark Tower as well. Personally I like the continuity of the Dark Tower series. While we're on the subject of names what name could draw more attention than Roland of Gilead.

Speaking of drawing names out of various series... neither I nor any of my other gaming buddies have read the Wheel of Time books... which makes things perfect for the one guy who *has*... he steals almost all of his names from there. After a while we started just calling his characters "Wheel of Time Ripoff #417"

Kendermage
09-27-2004, 04:54 PM
I tried to read the Wheel of Time series but I just couldn't get interested in it.

Huma.s.Gal
09-27-2004, 05:06 PM

Yeah that's the guy. He was a real nasty one. ;)

Trivaris
10-14-2004, 03:23 PM
believe it or not Im serious

when i was thinking of a Paladin name for a D&D chararcter I thought that with a LG alignment he was going to be Pal's with people. PALIN was his name. Just a Paladin not one of the greatest Wizards ever hahah

and i thought

Palin the Paladin Pal (ad) in

Heron
10-14-2004, 03:49 PM
Holt Mazadi with his Boots of Elven Kind....the most talked about PC in my gaming life of 16 years...

OldschoolDL
10-14-2004, 04:28 PM
More Names of DnD past

Russ Themarine (The Marine) a Knight of Solamnia

Lord Ott the Overseer Ogre Warlord

Kolorott the Renegade archmage

Hugo Stormbringer Dwarven Fighter/Cleric of Zeboim and a Killing machine
(Made during the days of Hurricane Hugo)

Crystallis the Amethyst Dragon (Yes a Gem dragon on Krynn deal with it!)

Damon Monticrystal
10-14-2004, 04:51 PM
Well my friend was doing a one shot epic one so I name my Character

Altamaru Theodore.( In fact I using this name in the Rolepaying Fourm right now) :cool:

Virgil38
10-15-2004, 02:12 AM
Here is a long one:

Sir Giollamhuire Sares Kanoff uth Wellin, Knight of the Rose.

Here is a short one:

Sushi, lizardman shaman.

Good friends, really.

muchogusto19
10-15-2004, 02:48 PM
Moses- I know not very original but I liked my halfling druid.

I. P. Freely- Friend of mine who didn't really play Dnd at all. Character never made it to play.

Colthor- Started off as a wizard in a joint book written by me and a friend in the 6th grade. Later he became a fighter/wizard in a Dnd camaign I played in.

Cyric- Took it from Forgotten Realms when I played in my first ever campaign. Human fighter, and still my favorite character that I've played so far.

Morcalivan7
10-15-2004, 03:56 PM
Morcalivan - duh...
Daehart - Good for any neutral character, any evil race with a good alignment.
Darkin - Similar to Daehart.

cowdragon
10-15-2004, 04:31 PM
Brom Daern
Desthudannon
Shealithilthune
Tyberious Rooster
Malfius
Satanna-this one is my wifes CE mystic of necromancy. I like it alot.

The Cowdragon :)

Ebon
10-15-2004, 10:19 PM
One guy I have been playing with for years had some characters that I always remembered DMing through many sessions. They were all brothers, he'd retire one and start the next.
Magnus Brokengulf (Fighter)
Montag Brokengulf (Ranger/Magic-User - duel class)
Thaybontay "Bone" Brokengulf (Fighter/Magic-User - duel class)

We played together in a campaign under two different DM's earlier this year and he had the most annoying, treacherous, cowardly, gigantic chaotic evil barbarian named:
Lantor the Bullhead
Perhaps not suprising, Lantor was the only character (except the infamous Ebon) to avoid a near TPK at the hands of a Specter. Though, unfortunately Ebon left him in those cursed dwarven mines, and the player had to roll up a new PC anyways with all the other players while Ebon kept the treasure and continued on to greatness.

Dragonhelm
10-15-2004, 10:57 PM
Here's a few from games I've run or played in.

Mahulderon - Black Robe mage who foresaw his death. He placed his spirit within a staff, where he landed up possessing my poor Kagonesti beastmaster.

Choronozon (kuh-rone-uh-zone) - Barbaric warlord who led the army of Morgion.

Nirkana - Qualinesti White Robe. My beastmaster had a heightened sense of smell. Bad pun moment kicked in when I said, "Sniff sniff. Smells like Nirkana." :p

Paladian Dragonhelm - Knight of the Crown who went from rules lawyer to true paladin.

Adriani - My irda White Robe. The first four letters of his name is "irda" spelled backwards.

Kinthalin - My friend Kenneth's half-elf ranger. His first and middle names are Kenneth Allen, so he basically merged the two to get Kinthalin.

That's all I can think of for the moment.

TaftButtonwillow
10-18-2004, 11:07 AM
Telbin Giddyfoot: a gnome illusionist who made the mistake of entering Castle Amber (an old adventure).

Taft Buttonwillow: originally a halfling fighter, I derived his name from two cities in central CA (Taft and Buttonwillow).

Miles Callister: a human rogue.

Jared the Giant Killer: a bold rng/rog, he had a self-given title that attracted trouble (he was only 2nd level when he started).

Tailas
10-18-2004, 01:31 PM
Here are some of my favorites, either played by me or friends of mine:

Ashara Stormmoon, female elven sorceress
Cyrus Darkbane, human fighter/cleric
Barkepper Pebblespank, an insane elven druid (played by a friend of mine......many whacky sessions with this one)
Kirm Ironarms, dwarven fighter
Count Horatio Huffnagle the Timid, a half-orc barbarian wtih a bravery problem (played by my brother)
and of course, Tailas Amarrandar, my Silvanesti Black Robe Mage I played for about 3 years };)

Bread The Loser
10-18-2004, 09:18 PM
Liadan (Lie-a-dan) Elven Barbarian, my fav character so far,

Kaya (Umm... Kay-a?) Human monk, a mad powerhouse despite the usual inefficiency of the monk class.

Levon (Lev-un) Human Paladin, um, he was alright as a character.

Rarendel
11-03-2004, 05:23 AM
One of my favorite character is a Wizard/Red Robe, Ransyrral Loire...and my Qualinesti ranger Rarendel... :o

dark_demon_dalamar
11-03-2004, 07:29 AM
A human merc Tyrad Mongetr was a favourite of a friend

sadistic
11-03-2004, 05:38 PM
I use this for everything Sunder

sadistic
11-03-2004, 07:17 PM
Or um shinfanal

sadistic
11-03-2004, 07:17 PM
and alkali

Tasslehoff Burrfoot
11-23-2004, 02:37 PM
Billy Bob. I actually had a player name one of his characters that during a session.

Jason Bower
11-23-2004, 02:54 PM
One of the things that most players find easiest about character creation, I find the hardest. Sometimes I just can't make up names to save my life. I once played a Red Robed wizard name Jon Doe because I couldn't come up with anything else.

Jay

Khisanth
11-23-2004, 02:59 PM
My two favourites are Kithenesis and Xiathon. Kithenesis, or kith for short, is an elven name in my opinion. Xiathon is always evil, it just has that ring to it. Ive had about 5 chars and all have been named Kith or Xiathon. both are 'home made' too. I also thought i invented Khirash for a time until i re-read the chronicles and realised i'd subconciously stole it and then forgotten about it. :confused:

Heron
11-23-2004, 03:04 PM
Another couple of favorites:

Loki Lie-Smith and Parintachin (Both previously used but still cool names)

Dain
11-23-2004, 07:11 PM
One of the things that most players find easiest about character creation, I find the hardest. Sometimes I just can't make up names to save my life. I once played a Red Robed wizard name Jon Doe because I couldn't come up with anything else.

Jay

Thank Paladine for Cassell's Dictionary of Norse Myth & Legend, my primary source for character names. Well, that and baby name sites.

Bargone
03-17-2005, 11:20 AM
I think that the coolest names I have ever made up or used are Mythania and Shinala,I have used them in RPG on this website.

Talanthandros
03-17-2005, 12:10 PM
Another name bias, my favorite is Talanthandros Selekan. He's a Silvenesti Elf and a red robed wizard.

That's my take
Talan

frostdawn
03-17-2005, 01:03 PM
Sure, I'll bite.

Frostdawn Spellbinder (travelling name of a human wizard whose real name was Jesper Magus)

Grimm Holbarr- minotaur fighter (most memorable character I've ever played)
Thistlethorn Smurgletack- kender I have yet to play (but am looking forward to doing so)
Kyrnan Lanthalan- half elf barbarian (NPC)
Drax Skullsplitter- dwarven fighter
Lycanis Arrowleaf- half elf druid
Marasaard Glindell- elven sorceress

(the above were my characters, below are character names for others)

Lilac Topknot- kender rogue
Thosar Lanolin- half elf fighter
Portulaca- human druid

Nael
03-18-2005, 09:07 AM
SIgi (Stinker) Bulp "HighBulp of Dis Plaze an Dat Plaze Pal-din ob Rorx!"
He was a 5th level Gully Dwarf fighter 3rd level mystic (He didnt realise he was a Mystic)
Who once saw a Knight of Solamnia (Sword) Heal and call down blessings. The knight was hailed a Paladin (Warroir of Good) Sligi Then Donned his Shining Armor (A stock pot on his head with a hole he can see out of and Breathe out of and 2 large frying pans tied to his shoulders to cover his chest (His breastplate) and back. He uses a Large cast Iron Cauldon lid as a shield and a Large Meat Cleaver is his (Holly SWerd ob Bad guy Mushing)
He belived in himself as a Paladin somuch that he actualy awakened mystic powers that he could use to Heal Bless and Curse.
A Kindly Red Robe mage enchnted his (Swerd) into a +2 evil bane weapon
he also enchanted the rest of his armor with a StealSilver spell that makes all meatle look like gleaming silver.
Prolly Tomuch Info for this thread but had to explain it.

Ardent Silver
04-24-2005, 08:34 PM
Coolest name, eh? Huh. Probably. . . Orbe Liythan. That's it

óDE

DaemonAngel
04-24-2005, 08:55 PM
Solidus Kain was a name I had for one of my charactors.
A name I hope to make use of again some day.

socialillusion
04-24-2005, 11:24 PM
My favorite was Stubby Shinsplinter the 12th lvl Svernablin Illusionist

Leonhart
04-25-2005, 05:22 AM
From years back, i had a player make a goblin pig rider.
Goblins name: Crooton Elfslapper
Pigs name: Hoomjoe

we still laugh about that name...

Dain
04-25-2005, 11:17 AM
Lou Raevil - My Sea Mage that went a bit crazy after being struck by lightning during his test. Now he thinks dwarves are stout children with beards.

ZaneStriker
04-25-2005, 08:14 PM
The name I like to use the most is Zane Striker, mostly cause (unlike my real name) it's really uncommon, yet still sounds like a real name

Neuro
04-25-2005, 11:57 PM
Xilenos the Archmage! my tiefling wizard in forgotten realms, a very nice guy with inteligence 20 and charisma 8 :p

Silverback
04-26-2005, 12:02 AM
Let's see..Human Conjurer by the name of Thazstar Ulzander. He lived through all of undermountain. Elleria Starbreeze was my thief/acrobat way back in 2nd edition. Then there was Strey...all the way back in 1980 (D & D) class: ELF

Now my favorites are Candoer "Silverback" Kelenjor (Black Guard of Tahkisis) and Sir Kris.....(Tinker gnome). I use them in the Role-Playing section.

Heron
04-26-2005, 12:40 AM
a established character which i think is pretty cool is Slaine Mac Roth, Celtic Barbarian.

Drakey
04-26-2005, 04:00 AM
Well, one of the minotaur PCs in my current game tried using random syllables from the list of minotaur names in DLCS and came up with something that sounded very much like an STD . . . can't remember the name right now, or even the name of the STD, as it's after 2 in the morning.

Characters in my My Documents\Dungeons and Dragons\Characters file . . .

Agrel, a female Baaz draconian
Aust Thampier, a wild elf ranger
Banzai, an awakened tree ranger
Cha, a halfling druid
Gallimi de-Zhakosgli, a minotaur expert
Ganth, a minotaur cleric
Gantrun de-Armagath, a minotaur fighter
Glitch Tega, a gully dwarf fighter
Lothas, a Silvanesti cleric
M'Dok, a goblin wizard
Naisa, a wolf (animal companion to the halfling druid above)
PadoDý Gwathren, a dragonspawn Kagonesti ranger
Rolg Drumwarden, a Daegar cleric
Thomas Hale, a human bard
Tosher es-Sumarr, a minotaur noble/mystic

Bollon
04-26-2005, 07:16 AM
Gareth SteelEdge ( fighter )
Beldar Twilight (Red Robed Wizard)
Davran Bloodmoon (Barbarian)
Dresden Argos (Rogue)

and the Captain of a ship they rode in on:
Capt. John Scarbuckle

These are all characters from one of my campaigns

Shalonthalus
04-26-2005, 09:54 PM
I had the cool name of Shalon for my first elf character ever in like 1rst ed D&D... I resurrected it for my qualinesti elf wizard and added thalus (surname or something) So I have Shalonthalus now. I also play a kender rogue/bard alchemist who's profession is being an apothicary! (medival pharmicist) :) His name is Tobin Hedgewise (knowing where to find herbs in the hedge hehe). I thought my names were rather cool...

:D

Nael
04-27-2005, 12:42 PM
Currently we have Caspar"HedgePiggie"Dolgrin
He was named Hedgepiggie by our Kender Bard/Expert becuase of the numorous spikes he has on his armor.
The Kenders name is Tavvyn Greatbuckle.. or according to Caspar "That Harebrained ninnydoorknob of a waste of space animal lovin moonlost ignerant Boneheaded Kender!"
apparently the kender wants to interview all the "Smart animals of the world" :eek:

thekosta
04-27-2005, 04:42 PM
my personal favorites

1: Strom Zed my main character

2: Quinton Blacklotus and his twin brother Brim (half elves taken on different traits of parent Q more elvish B more human) assasins

3: Krytius Zed bastard child of Strom

4: Brendel Trailstone Aka the stone bard (mishap with a gorgan and an extraplaner power turn to stone and revived like a golem)

Tauren_Kai-Jere
05-02-2005, 02:37 PM
The first time I played on Krynn (back in 2nd Edition) I played a renegade wizard death-hunter named Kolganthus Helsing.

It remains one of my favorite names to this day.

amccaul
12-20-2006, 11:13 AM
I must admit I find I get the best names from sports players I took Jamir Jager's name straight out. But I just took one from a combo of two players in the NHL Zito Hinote. I have always come up with good names this way.

LuckyIFoundThis
12-21-2006, 04:34 AM
When I play a wizard I always use the same character, Toban. I got the name from Ghostbusters, Egon is always refering to Toban's Spirit Guide.
My friend used the name Elamon for a Elf he once had. He figured elves love nature and trees and that was like elm.

Cam Banks
12-21-2006, 05:33 AM
When I play a wizard I always use the same character, Toban. I got the name from Ghostbusters, Egon is always refering to Toban's Spirit Guide.

It's Tobin's Spirit Guide, actually. Which I find amusing since one of the legendary Whitestone Council members has Tobin as his first name, although I don't think he's an expert in necromancy.

Cheers,
Cam

Eben Lakemoore
12-21-2006, 07:45 AM
It's Tobin's Spirit Guide, actually. Which I find amusing since one of the legendary Whitestone Council members has Tobin as his first name, although I don't think he's an expert in necromancy.

Cheers,
Cam

I had a kender nightstalker named Tobin. I thought it was a great kender name and the ghostbuster reference fit a nightstalker well.

Carteeg_Struve
12-21-2006, 08:08 AM
Jayden

Whifflenut Footwise

Nyxall Ta'tiarra

Jacov Ryvir (My first D&D character ever)

Stryfmigr (a dragon name we came up with by randomly selecting letters)

Siansshonerle (Sy'-ahn-shawn'-er-el) (NPC badguy - the merging of the words "Sinner A*****e")

Eranetz (eh-rahn-etz)

M'lal Keeper

T'ki (pronounced with a long 'i') (eccentric lovable elderly elf guy that loves humanity... one of the few cool elven character's I've really liked. He used magic to give himself a beard because he thought they were neat. Loved good spirits, loved even more chocolate - especially Drow Dark Chocolate, and had a thing for yo-yo's. He also had a thing for ladies, but him being really old, sometimes it just got creepy.)

Carn, son of Vhen, of House T'ki (yes, he introduced himself like that a lot)

Meko (a three inch tall talking kitten with vast magical powers.... cute and deadly)

Altreyu (not for this name exactly, but for his nickname "Mad-dog". The reason is that Altreyu is an extremely powerful uber-god (read: High god) in our games. The reason I love the nickname is because pronounced backwards it becomes "God damn".)

Cer (another uber-powerful creation of my wife's. In modern times the name is pronounced like "air" with an "S" in front of it. In ancient times it was pronounced like "Sir". Short, simple, and good at labeling a presence of power.)

Edit: Sorry. One more. It's the name of a town the DM forced me to come up with on the spot.

Piooma (Py-oo-ma). It's an acronym for where I got the name. I "Pulled it out of my...."

Taught him to put me on the hot seat. :)

Dragonhelm
12-21-2006, 09:03 AM
I had a kender nightstalker named Tobin. I thought it was a great kender name and the ghostbuster reference fit a nightstalker well.

Back in the DLA3e days, we payed homage to Tobin by making his name a sample kender male name. As it turns out, that carried over to the DLCS.

Markus_Essers
12-21-2006, 12:28 PM
I had a character with the name Lance Stormblade - which sounds pretty cool. :)

sixfootdwarf
12-21-2006, 03:01 PM
My favorites were probably, my dwarven cleric "Orik Puresteel," (I've actually used the name Orik for just about any dwarf I play now, I just alter the surname to suit)

My buddy had an elven wizard named Xenothilos, we called him "Xen" for short, he was a really calm and collected white robe.

Yea, he was cool.

I recently had a dark dwarf wizard who debuted with the name "Lorek Nighthammer" a play off of Orik.

rogue
12-21-2006, 09:38 PM
Sir Maximillian Karsington the IV, Paladin of Hieronus. Had a lot fun with that character, and actually got him to 27th level.

Grumbles McGillicutty, my wayward dwarven fighter/scout with a bad temper.

Mong-Lei, my humble peasant monk.

Rivven Rassellian, half-elf mage.

AlricLightwind
12-21-2006, 11:33 PM
My group can come up with some pretty good names. Two of my favorites from KoD/SoS/PoC:
Sinistrad Evenhand - a red robe wizard
Melena Crownguard - the great-niece of a certain KoS - currently a Knight of the Sword herself

Nimble Slapbottom - a gnome cleric of Reorx, and his wife Jasmina

Roxas - a fighter in a campaign a friend is running.

Ulfgar Stonehammer - a dwarven cleric in a Ptolus campaign I'm running

My wife is partial to the name Lauraleyana - usually attached to an elven ranger

Tai'ralin (Tommy Two-Fingers, Jimmy the Hand, Theify McSneakerton) Had so many aliases for this guy that every time we met someone new I had a new name to give them. It was a compulsion.

And of course my all time favorite character/name Alric Lightwind and his twin brother Corridan. Two elven nobles (swashbucklers really) from the 2ed days who had run away from their life of comfort and took up the life of adventurers. My buddy and I took them up to 10th before we stopped playing. But we've created an extended family:

Kerihy Lightwind - druid
Andolin Lightwind - another druid
Vanic Lightwind - a wizard

Bong Bellowsmoke
12-22-2006, 12:45 AM
I like our campaign's Lemish redheaded lasses who revere Sirrion (one NPC, one PC):

Neko Firebrand & Ashley Remains.

talarei
12-22-2006, 01:51 PM
Bane Bladefast: Knight of The Broken Sword (Sword Knight PC that became a Death Knight)
Calisan Darkreaver: Human Fighter
Dantel Silverlocke: Human Rogue

DangerDwarf
12-23-2006, 12:38 AM
From various campaigns and in no particular order:

Kylana Lethani: Female Silvanesti FIghter
Ryanthala MorningGlory: Female Elven Cleric
Krost: Half-orc Ranger
Thargan Hammerbinder: Dwaf Warrior

Kagi Forochell
12-23-2006, 12:59 AM
Mateo Ironhide: Proffessional Human Merchant, Forochell's last son. [in Forochell Tales]
Kagi Forochell: Human warrior, protector of Forochell Clan (in Forochell Tales),
mercenary warrior here. **** (my lovely char., my lovely nick).
Zeth'rok: Half - Orc crazy dual wielding warrior.
Darren Brall: Drow Blademaster.
Apollus Ikillian: Human fire mage.
Eumurn Lighttree: Elven Ranger.
Groth'r: Orc axemaster.
Maellian Dustwind: Elven Arcane Mage, Merchant.

Lord Maligoth
12-23-2006, 01:25 AM
Ok I'll give it a shot here.

Lord Maligoth Parthayas - Knight of the Lily. Was my favorite character until Justarius disentegrated him two sessions before he qualified for Dragon Rider :mad:

Hogan Proudstone - Cleric of Reorx (Just finished Key of Destiny :) )

Valerik Nezram - Soon to be Blackrobe Necromancer, if he survives his test next week.

XxSugarHyperxX
03-06-2007, 05:03 PM
One of the best names would be Ariona Rottingleaf and Faron Rottingleaf. Ariona is a half-elven female fighter and Faron is a half-elven male thief.

Valharic
03-06-2007, 06:41 PM
I tap 2 swamps and put this in play.... :p ...

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o223/Valharic/threadnecroav1.jpg

Fireangel
03-07-2007, 07:47 AM
I tap 2 swamps and put this in play....

ROFLMAO :D

Just to keep the darn thing alive, I'll tell y'all a li'l (relevant) story:

As a DM, one of the things I absolutely hate is for players to ask me to name their PC's. To me, a PC name is the single most personal thing that a player can give a character.

SO... after explaining this at the beginning of a new campaign many, many years ago, one of the new players, the younger, male half of a brother and sister pair of players, looks at me straight in the eye and asks me to name his stupid wizard.

IIRC, I was kinda short on caffeine and patience that day and I glowered at him:

"Syphillis"

Now, the player was kinda young and was seemingly unaware of what that word meant, so he found the name uber-cool and immediately (and very enthusiastically) adopted the name for the wizard.

Now, his sister was a bit older and was aware of what that meant, so in a fit of pique, glowered angrily back at me and said:

"If his wizard is called Syphillis, then my paladin will be called Gonorrhea."

Thus was born one of the most memorable pairs of adventurers to ever grace a campaign of mine... :cool:

Oh, but the story does not end there!

Right after the STD twins got baptized, I turned to Tato. He is legendary 'round these parts for his bouts of indecision. He was also aware of the meaning of the wizard's name and when I turned to him to ask for a name for his fighter, I see him slowly scan the room, his eyes settling on the stack of AD&D books on the table... he wrinkled his forehead, squinted his eyes and slowly said:

"Reyalp.... Reyal Puerix"

I was stunned. It was a cool, and utterly original name. I followed his gaze to the stack of books and saw his muse:

The PHB and a choir book - Reyal is basically "player" written backwards and Puerix came from "Cantos de Puerto Rico IX". :rolleyes:

To this day, I still think that was the single most original though he has ever had during a game! :cool:

marloc clownface
03-07-2007, 09:16 AM
Malakai Zalta'as, a renegade knight, former Thorn Knight gone Neutral
Rilwedgious Sockemindahead, a kender that one of my players had many years ago.

Knight of the WhiteRose
03-07-2007, 09:59 AM
a few goofy names iv either made up or a friend made up.

Oogi Frittle (gnome candy maker, very hyperactive, other gnomes ask him to slow down his speech!

Nob Waxer (another gnome name, a friend took this name after announcing he hates gnomes and hates the idea of playing an all gnome adventure. but he didnt leave!

some of the names i really like i cant post due to them being originals from Me and are in my novel scripts(lol). but some names i like that i can post

Conan KingSlayer
Lechrac Gravebind
Ravlon SoulSyphon
Volrath the Unborn
Ravidel NightFather
Gerrard LionHeart

the first names are from Magic the Gathering. the last names are my own. im a fan of generic names.

Drakey
03-07-2007, 10:48 AM
I've been on a character-making spree of late, so here's a few: Aust Thampier (Kagonesti ranger), Cha (halfling druid), Cutter (warforged warrior), Fairman Thwait (human noble), Gantrun de-Armagath (minotaur fighter), Hiri "Goldbreeze" Naiscient (Gray elf artificer), Inivoa "Goldheel" Meliscient (High elf ranger), Iracil Holiscient (Gray elf psion), Liam uth Merric (Solamnic human paladin), Naisa (wolf animal companion), PadoDu Gwathren (dragonspawn Kagonesti fighter), Rolg Drumwarden (Dark dwarf cleric), Spamir of the Chemidytioncs Craft Guild (gnome rogue), Thomas Hale (human bard).

Windrider_in_exile
03-11-2007, 10:28 AM
Hullo, just here to add some names from my campaigns by my gamers and me.

Talidaar Hierophant Druid

Karnea Black Robe Witch

Oslo (Yes, the Capital of Norway)

Deeds

Damara Windrider

Lashia Qualinesti

Longshot Farwalker Kender

Octavious Minotaur

Kalana Hiewind Silvanesti

Wren Kagonesti

Perin Lightfoot Thief

Nailo Nightbreeze Thief

Dars Afflicted Kender Bard

Skool Daytripper Kender

Karsk Minotaur Monk of Majere

Rotas Irda

Eider Sabot Nzunta

adembroski
03-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Hullo, just here to add some names from my campaigns by my gamers and me.

Talidaar Hierophant Druid

Karnea Black Robe Witch

Oslo (Yes, the Capital of Norway)

Deeds

Damara Windrider

Lashia Qualinesti

Longshot Farwalker Kender

Octavious Minotaur

Kalana Hiewind Silvanesti

Wren Kagonesti

Perin Lightfoot Thief

Nailo Nightbreeze Thief

Dars Afflicted Kender Bard

Skool Daytripper Kender

Karsk Minotaur Monk of Majere

Rotas Irda

Eider Sabot Nzunta

Wren was a kag?!?!?!

Is that the Wren I know? Ansalon?

Anyways, most of my characters come from the same family...

Dirketh Stormguard, patriarch of the Stormguards of Solanthus, Knight of the Sword. Very grandfatherly, generous, good spirited. Grew up in wealthy home, saw little combat in the Knighthood, but was a natural leader and well liked by his subordinates.

Denbrook Stormguard, Dirketh's adopted son, half-elf Knight of the Rose. Disciplined, serious, brooding. Tumultuous spirit, growing up as a half-breed noble in Solanthus, not even his father's son by blood (rather, rescued from a burning farm. Both parents were killed, he was an infant). Only close friends were a kender and a white robe, this only served to further alienate him. Yet, his devotion to the Oath and bravery in battle won him respect and rank.

Derrick Stormguard, Denbook's cousin. Hot tempered and reluctant, had no desire to be a knight, but family pressures forced his hand. He gained rank through his name and was eventually very influencial with the Solamnic leadership before his untimely death at the hands of a Nerakan assassin.

Thomas di Winter. Lone Knight in a family of Caergothian merchants. Jovial and friendly early in life, he was also a strict leader who expected perfection from his subordinates. Much like Denbrook in many ways, but his late life brooding brought on by the loss of his wife, Jennifer, who disappeared suddenly a few years after their marriage. She was never heard from.

Drekar uth Malik... really nothing more than a ressurection of Denbrook from my perspective. Drekar was my desire to play Denbrook again.

Dunston MarArchon, an Ergothian priest of Kiri-Jolith. Upbeat, out going, the life of the party, sought converts through friendships. His life was nothing but positives, many saw him as Kiri-Jolith's favored for his luck. Died in battle, fending off a wave of tarmacs... amongst Knights and fellows of the brown cloth, this was seen as further evidence of his favor.

Cormac Stormguard di Solanthus, added diSolanthus early in his career, using it in lieu of Stormguard to differenciate himself from his family name. The legacy of Denbrook being too great a burden. Still, has risen to the rank of Lord of the Rose... current character.

humanfighter
08-10-2009, 09:40 PM
my friends and i like to come up with names that are funny and are appropriate to the class.
one friend came up with a halfling rouge (we play 2e) named Rob D. Yue (Robbed you).
My dad has several that is very humorous but adult-like, but a clean constant i see is Kis M'But (kis me butt) a human fighter.
I made a human fighter named Deth ToYu (death to you), and a human ranger named Blame the Ranger.

havok13
08-10-2009, 10:51 PM
Crispin Taronstar - a PC played by a friend of mine
Lysistrata - a gnome artificer i played, named after a play
Xaiax - a good name for a minotaur
Silphatos

but i think the best ever was: Unnamed (pronouced ooh-na-med). the player at the time couldn't come up with a name, despite many suggestions, so we started calling him that and he stuck with it. its now a gaming joke when we play.

Oneking
08-11-2009, 12:08 PM
Bromstead Tallcaster
Hob Halparand
Thomas Monk
Curjon Houpmann

just to name a few :D

Bong Bellowsmoke
01-25-2010, 06:08 PM
Bong Bellowsmoke.

Dorgyn Angylaxe
01-25-2010, 06:28 PM
Dorgyn Angylaxe of the Klenchfyst Clan

(couldn't resist...)

Carteeg_Struve
01-27-2010, 09:50 AM
I always liked the name "Helena Handbasket" for a kender.

Zarvox
01-27-2010, 02:23 PM
I always liked the name "Helena Handbasket" for a kender.

Stealing this!

Carteeg_Struve
01-27-2010, 02:45 PM
Stealing this!

I must have dropped it. :p:

Romulus_Vile
01-30-2010, 09:23 AM
Kulgar the Redundant- half-orc barbarian I played once who tried to sound smart by repeating stuff he'd heard the wizard in the party say. Never knew what any of it meant.

Rufus McAxefistbeard- ultimate name for a dwarf.

He Who Cleaves Where He Should Seal- Title given to another of my characters by that of a friend(Name was actually Grehmwald the Broken), a sorceror whose healing spells always backfired.

Burren
01-30-2010, 11:33 AM
Sligo Skyhammer - a rather daring dwarven rogue PC I once encountered

Darvon the Unfeeling - actually a LARP character (belonging to another) but those in the medical know will appreciate the humor :spin: