PDA

View Full Version : "Dragons of winter night" quote

Lord Xaradas
02-18-2008, 06:45 AM
Hello everybody,I have just landed on this forum!I hope this is the right place to post.
I come from italy and I'm a DL saga fan,that also play on UOL unofficial italian shard based and setted during the 4th age of krynn.I'd like to congratulate you on your great forum and site.I was looking for a particular quote from "Dragons of winter night":I would like to know the quote in the original language of the last lines of chapter 6,when the eroes are in Tarsis and Tas find the magical glasses:the last lines are those in which Tanis heard the draconians horn,the "death 's horns" they should be in english.The last 10 lines should be great.I have searched everywhere on the net but I didin't find it.I got only the italian translation,but i still think that in Eng. is better.
Sorry,I'm in late and my English is worse than usual.:(
tu

Edoardo/Lord Xaradas

talinthas
02-18-2008, 12:14 PM
"Yes we do," Tas said excitedly. "There's a list here, of where they were kept. See-", He stopped, cocking his head. "Shhhh," he said, listening. The others fell silent. For a moment they heard nothing, then their ears caught what the kender's quicker hearing had already detected.

Tanis felt his hands grow cold; the dry, bitter taste of fear filled his mouth. Now he could hear, in the distance, the sound of hundreds of horns braying, horns all of them had heard before. The bellowing, brass horns that heralded the approach of the draconian armies--and the approach of dragons.

The horns of death.

Lord Xaradas
02-18-2008, 12:40 PM
That's it!
Thank you so much my dear!;)
Does

...the approach of the draconian armies--and the approach of dragons. [...]
mean
"the approach of the draconian armies and the approach of dragons."?
Right?

jake
02-18-2008, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted By Lord Xaradas
Does

...the approach of the draconian armies--and the approach of dragons. [...]

mean
"the approach of the draconian armies and the approach of dragons."?
Right?

Yes it does. The '--' is just a pause for dramatic effect. I always liked this part too. It almost gives you chills!

Drakey
02-18-2008, 05:50 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dash#Em_dash

Lord Xaradas
02-19-2008, 11:38 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dash#Em_dash

Wow,that's new for me,thank you everybody:I improved both my DL knowledges and english in one shot.
I keep following your interesting discussion on this board.;)